John Deere

www.deere.com

Good benefits, less opportunities on IT career, IT management incompetent to deliver results.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Johnston, IA

ProsFlexible time, good work-life balance programs, HR trying hard to keep employees happy, generous benefits, interesting work if you are left to do without playing organization politics.

ConsNepotism; extremely suspicious working environment (always have to be watchful what you say or what you do), rat-race among younger generation who could win to top by back-stabbing or latching to someone socially important and middle to mid-senior management either simply ignoring it or watching the show with silent approval. Serious lack of moral strength on managers' part. Performance management is eyewash. Beware of hostile attitude of some when you are newly inducted, which may ease out over period of time, if you could survive. Depending on groups, you may encounter fervor of religious beliefs more publicly shared than a workplace should allow. Complaining is a culture, actions taken based on only if the supervisor gets complaints, so the back-stabbing continues.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the business managers - IT is an enabler for your business. If you do not look into what is going on now, you will soon lose all talented people to the outside world and will be left with people who are either serious workethics challenged or only waiting for the retirement. Afterall, benefits are somewhat excellent you must know.
Overall management – Do not wait for someone to complain to HR to take steps to improve, do proactive organizational soul searching.

Outstanding company, great career opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dubuque, IA

I have been working at John Deere

Pros: John Deere really values it's employees. A lot of companies pay lip service to the employees being their greatest asset, but Deere walks the… Cons: Schedules can get hectic. 45-50 hour work weeks are not uncommon. People at Deere… Advice to Senior Management: Keep growing the company! You're doing a great job with the global movement, but I feel we're still… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

Machinist (Current Employee) Moline, IL

I have been working at John Deere

Pros: Benefits are great. Pay is decent Cons: To many hours sometimes, and long Advice to Senior Management: Understand my job is a big part of my life… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on John Deere.

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!