John Deere

www.deere.com
  www.deere.com
There are newer employer reviews for John Deere

Good program that needs some work

Former Employee - Engineering Development Program Engineer in Cedar Falls, IA
Former Employee - Engineering Development Program Engineer in Cedar Falls, IA

I worked at John Deere

Pros

Stable company, opportunity for movement/advancement within the company, good pay, great benefits, good people working there, good employee discounts, good working conditions, effective use of technology

Cons

Management doesn't like to accept change, geographic locations less than ideal, very divided workforce (union, older engineers, etc.), lack of good knowledge transfer, conservative

Listen to the younger engineers and employees, they will soon be higher up in the company and calling the shots, best avoid a harsh transition

562 Other Employee Reviews for John Deere (View Most Recent)

John Deere ROCKs

Current Employee - Part Time Student
    Current Employee - Part Time Student

I have been working at John Deere

Pros

They are flexible to my school schedule. I have a pretty good chance to be hired on full time once I graduate.

Cons

The parking is horrible. I come to work at odd times and often can not find a place to park or have to park a long ways away.

My boss is pretty good. He does a good job keeping me busy. I've learned a lot about putting stuff on the web site for our group.

Fantastic place to work, but management looks like an old-folks home.

Former Employee - Manager, Business Development in Moline, IL
    Former Employee - Manager, Business Development in Moline, IL

I worked at John Deere

Pros

Deere has best in class business process and people who are smart and professional. This is not some old-tractor business with a good-old-boy network.

Working at Deere is an education into how business is done right. Optimal economics, highest ethical standards.

Cons

There are a lot of guys waiting to retire in the next ten years that aren't going anywhere fast. Promotion is limited if you are in your 30s and mid career. They struggle giving good jobs to high performers when an older guy feels like he earned it and has waited longer. It creates a culture where young, high performers have to wait around a lot for promotions that would come faster in a more dynamic management company.

Please be willing to do more to promote the young, strong bench strength at Deere. If you don't, your best talent will walk out the door before all the old guys retire.

There are newer employer reviews for John Deere