There are newer employer reviews for John Deere

Review of experience at John Deere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

I have been working at John Deere

Pros

Pleasant work environment, appropriate holiday time off

Cons

Treat employees with distrust & disrespect, 'rules' change however it benefits the company, not in writing, raises & promotions given via 'good ole boy' network not based on job performance

After 33 years with company I developed a health problem and went on salary continuance as my benefits were supposed to allow. When company wanted me to come back to work, my doctor told them I wasn't ready to return yet, so Deere representative told me to either retire or they would fire me. So forced to retire I'm now living on about 25% of what I made while working.

When I was active employee I was continually discreminated against in favor of younger male employees for raises & promotions even though I have always been rated very highly in performance reviews, and the people I provided work product for throughout the company including international contacts were highly satisfied with my work and very supportive of my efforts, including providing budget money from their division budgets to support my efforts.

I'm highly dissatisfied with how I was treated after being a productive and loyal employee for 33 years.

535 Other Employee Reviews for John Deere (View Most Recent)

Fired because of 1yr old son being hospitilized for complications from Hirshsprung's Dieseaes.

Former Employee - Invoicer @ South West Office Building In East Moline, IL in Moline, IL

I worked at John Deere

Pros

Good Pay, Very nice people to work with.

Cons

They need to be more Family orientated, and understanding to parents with disabled kids!

I still don't understand why I was fired because of missing 3 days of work. My son was Ambulanced to Iowa City, completley ventalated. Please try to change the way you treat families!

Hot, Hard Work but Good Pay.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fuquay Varina, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fuquay Varina, NC

I have been working at John Deere

Pros

Excellent starting salary.
    Performance bonus every pay day.
    Two weeks paid vacation after first year.
    High 401k company match.
    Good dental plan.

Cons

Pushed to physical limits almost every day to make production numbers.
    Promotion among floor workers non-existent.
    Numbers driven despite "commitment to quality".
    Thirty minute lunch break.
    Hot.

78 degrees is NOT an appropriate temperature when you push workers so hard in a physically demanding job. Turn down the air conditioning. If you need to offset the added cost turn down the heat in winter. It does not need to be 74 degrees in the winter time. If you are cold and it is 68 degrees or warmer you are not working hard enough!
    Another thing that management needs to do is take care of poor performers. Grossly incompetent / extremely poor performers should be rewarded with termination. Don't move them from line to line trying to find somewhere where their coworkers wont complain about them.

There are newer employer reviews for John Deere