John Deere

www.deere.com
There are newer employer reviews for John Deere

Review of experience at John Deere

I have been working at John Deere

Pros

Pleasant work environment, appropriate holiday time off

Cons

Treat employees with distrust & disrespect, 'rules' change however it benefits the company, not in writing, raises & promotions given via 'good ole boy' network not based on job performance

After 33 years with company I developed a health problem and went on salary continuance as my benefits were supposed to allow. When company wanted me to come back to work, my doctor told them I wasn't ready to return yet, so Deere representative told me to either retire or they would fire me. So forced to retire I'm now living on about 25% of what I made while working.

When I was active employee I was continually discreminated against in favor of younger male employees for raises & promotions even though I have always been rated very highly in performance reviews, and the people I provided work product for throughout the company including international contacts were highly satisfied with my work and very supportive of my efforts, including providing budget money from their division budgets to support my efforts.

I'm highly dissatisfied with how I was treated after being a productive and loyal employee for 33 years.

561 Other Employee Reviews for John Deere (View Most Recent)

Fired because of 1yr old son being hospitilized for complications from Hirshsprung's Dieseaes.

Former Employee - Invoicer @ South West Office Building In East Moline, IL in Moline, IL

I worked at John Deere

Pros

Good Pay, Very nice people to work with.

Cons

They need to be more Family orientated, and understanding to parents with disabled kids!

I still don't understand why I was fired because of missing 3 days of work. My son was Ambulanced to Iowa City, completley ventalated. Please try to change the way you treat families!

A Review of John Deere

I have been working at John Deere

Pros

-Laid-back boss
    -Extremely ethical company
    -great pay
    -great job security
    -easy to move between different functions (accounting, supply mgmt, enf=gineering, marketing) and divisions (power systems, ag and turf, construction and forestry, john deere credit)
    -opportunity to travel and live abroad
    -great new-hire rotational program
    -no one is ever too busy to mentor/help you

Cons

-located almost exclusively in small midwestern towns
    -the majority of their sales comes from a product (agricultural equipment) and customer base (farmers) that is not terribly exciting
    -i spend almost all of my time sitting at a desk staring at a computer

-keep up the good work
    -build units in/near bigger cities to attract more talented young people

There are newer employer reviews for John Deere