Stability in a vulnerable market

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at John Hancock

Pros

Stability in a financial services industry

Cons

Things take a while to get done in such a large company.

Reduce the amount of paperwork, tickets and CYA bureaucracy

Other Reviews for John Hancock

Great place to join for experienced workers

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at John Hancock

Pros

Great benefits and a very strong company. The company itself is well known and has lots of job opportunities within. Certain divisions have a "family style" atmosphere. The work / home life split is very appealing to a family oriented person.

Cons

Upper management has a bit of tunnel vision. Penny pinching strategies lead to less production from staff. A bit of a "good 'ol boys club". Networking within the company is absolutely necessary in order to advance. Incentive compensation could be improved. At one point 1/3rd of the staff wasn't receiving any incentive comp by design, which changed the following year.

Take more heed from your employees, especially the ones you don't have direct contact with. Don't try to fit the square peg through the round hole.

John Hancock, the future is here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at John Hancock

Pros

The benefits, culture and experience for working for one of the industry leaders are just some of the reasons to work for John Hancock Financial Services. The internal employee "customer" support rivals any external support system out there. The employee focused training and development really shows a commitment to making John Hancock an employer of choice. I could probably talk forever on the work/life balance. The flexibility of the management staff to ensure you are happily balanced between work and home is refreshing!

Cons

Like every other company in the marketplace, of course there are some downsides to John Hancock. I think maybe one of the biggest downsides would be that the employee base is filled with people that have been a part of the company for a very long time. I know that doesn't sound like a downside, but healthy turnover helps companies grow and get out of that "we've been doing it like this for years" mentality.

Focusing on employee satisfaction has created a culture where employees are happy to come to work and proud to be employed here!

There are newer employer reviews for John Hancock.

Worked for John Hancock? Contribute to the Community!