John Hancock

There are newer employer reviews for John Hancock

401k division

Former Employee - Retirement Plan Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Retirement Plan Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at John Hancock full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company has great brand name recognition. They spend a lot of money training their employees.

Cons

They just really try to overwork their employees and when I was there management was a mess. Typical setup of managers typically getting in the way of getting business done. They had a horrible metric system that gave dumb arbitrary numbers that you had to hit.

Make the goals of the wholesalers exactly the same as management thus both will have an incentive to align their goals.

216 Other Employee Reviews for John Hancock (View Most Recent)

Needs to improve

Former Employee - Client Account Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Account Representative in New York, NY

I worked at John Hancock full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For an international company, it has a strong commitment the US Market and is financially sound. During these tough times, the company has does well and is stable. John Hancock is a sound company.

Cons

The company clearly lacks vision, purpose and does not have a clear sense of direction. It is always reorganizing, but has no purpose. The US Insurance Division is poorly run, does not offer a diversity of insurance products other than Life and Long term Care. It needs more insurance products that can relate to one another and help expand their business. One day the company is selling the product, next day it pulls the products off the market, totally unstable because they are financially unsound. This is causing so much instability for the employees, clients and the brand, The company needs clear focus, direction fast or good employees are thinking of walking or will be walking.

Get your act together, decide what you want, then make it happen. The way the latest reorganization was handle, was shameful and caused so much unease with the employees, it is unforgivable. You talk about professionalism, but your actions say otherwise.

Overworked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at John Hancock

Pros

Great name on a resume and I learned a lot

Cons

Worked crazy hours, pulled in a million different directions never got the opportunity to do what I thought I was there to do

There are newer employer reviews for John Hancock