John L. Scott Real Estate
www.johnlscott.com Bellevue, WA 150 to 499 Employees

Just as with any other Real Estate Company, you are an independent contractor, and your pay depends on you.

Broker (Former Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I worked at John L. Scott Real Estate

ProsOpportunity. Good support staff. Good website.

ConsCompany is owned in Washington State, Oregon is given short shrift. Principal broker repeats company line, and when asked to help mediate any dispute, is more interested in avoiding conflict than doing what is right. Even when company was doing well, minimum was spent on keeping furnishings and decor up to date (it is important to have a front office appearance that is at least the equivalent of any other brokerage our clients may have occasion to visit). Very frugal ownership & management, even prior to economic downturn.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf JLS survives the current meltdown, invest in agents. Make them feel appreciated, and make your branch a place they are proud to bring their clients. Don't charge your agents for training and other essentials of business.

Great company for career Realtors

Realtor (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at John L. Scott Real Estate

Pros: John L Scott is a great RE company with a lot of talent. There is a lot of support and resources for Realtors. … Cons: The commission split at John L Scott is high (this… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

overall good place to work

Legal Secretary (Current Employee)

I have been working at John L. Scott Real Estate

Pros: hours are good employees are good Cons: management needs improvement to drive sales Advice to Senior Management: accept criticism Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on John L. Scott Real Estate.

Worked for John L. Scott Real Estate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at John L. Scott Real Estate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for John L. Scott Real Estate CEO J. Lennox Scott. All reviews posted anonymously by John L. Scott Real Estate employees.