John Leonard Employment

it has been very good.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at John Leonard Employment

Pros

John Leonard is a small business that listend. Every employee has a voice and is accomodated to hightlight his or her strengths.

Cons

Company size is the only downfall that I can come up with, but that only applies to those looking to work within a large company.

3 Other Employee Reviews for John Leonard Employment (View Most Recent)

Pleasant people and workplaces, lots of communication - but low pay, and no permanent position yet

Current Employee - Temporary  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Temporary in Boston, MA

I have been working at John Leonard Employment full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I was available 5 full days a week, John Leonard was able to find me positions to fill most of my time. Most were positions of one to a few months duration (long enough to get a sense for a workplace) and most were reasonably challenging jobs in which I was able to pick up some new skills or hone the ones I already had. In my experience, if you keep in contact with them, they will keep in communication with you and keep you in work, and are pleasant and appreciative of a job well done, as well.

Cons

My pay has reliably been only $8-12/hr depending on the job, and in spite of the claim that a good number of jobs might yield a permanent position, this has not happened for me. Of the 10 or so fellow John Leonard temps I've gotten to know, only 3 have landed a permanent job through a temp position. However, I believe this is simply a mark of the economy and the times - it's often cheaper for companies to maintain a revolving stable of temps than hire permanent personnel for entry-level jobs.

Not the best, not the worst.

I have been working at John Leonard Employment

Pros

The women working in the temp department are wonderful. They regularly keep in touch with me regarding opportunities, and they're all very pleasant on the phone. They've gotten me numerous gigs ranging from one day to six months. Usually very responsive to calls and/or emails.

I also really love that they're so woman-friendly, and so much of the staff is women (And I believe it's a woman-owned business, as well).

Cons

Their pay is really, really low. Even their direct hire openings are almost always way under the average range for a position.

A personal con for me is how focused they are on finance and legal positions; two fields I have no interest in and are very difficult to interview for.

Sometimes they're not as responsive as they could be, and it's almost always when a crucial opening has shown up. I asked a consultant there to introduce me to a contact for a job I was very, very interested in and she said she would, but never got back to me, and ignored emails afterward regarding it.

I've also been pretty underwhelmed with their direct hire department. I've only been contacted by my consultant there once in over two years, and every other time we've spoken it's because I pursued him. Like the temp department, every time I found a job I was VERY interested in and asked for their help with, suddenly they were unreachable.

I know you have a lot of people to keep track of, but not hearing back about something important is very frustrating and disheartening, especially when a word from a recruiter could be the extra nudge you need to get noticed.

There are newer employer reviews for John Leonard Employment

Worked for John Leonard Employment? Contribute to the Community!