There are newer employer reviews for John Morrell

Great People, Bad Upper Management

I worked at John Morrell

Pros

Great people, good pay, schedule flexibility, great manager, no formal sick day policy so being sick does not count against you.

Cons

Company has many divisions and each division kind of "does its own thing" when it comes to running things. Any kind of roadmap for future growth is non-existent. Executives play favorites, kind of a "Good ol' boys club", where if someone is in it, they are allowed to do what ever they want and you as the subordinate, have to make it work. Workplace was toxic as a specific person on my team could cuss people out on a whim and lacked any kind of professionalism and was never given any kind of disciplinary actions.

Spend money on improving conditions for employees and giving them better tools to do their jobs, not on perks for the executives.

15 Other Employee Reviews for John Morrell (View Most Recent)

Opportunity for career growth

I have been working at John Morrell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In my 10+ years at JMFG, I have been given many opportunities to progress in my career and learn new areas of the business. JMFG is good about promoting employees internally and across business lines. Employees can go from plant type positions to corporate or different departments if the skill set matches the opportunity.

Cons

Not a lot of attention or opportunity for formal training exists. Much of the training is OTJ. With multiple companies under one umbrella, there is a lot of confusion and different standards/policies/procedures. Would serve the company well to look at best in class and standardize across the organization. Women in the organization do not seem to be offered executive level opportunities.

Manager training would be beneficial as well as career progression/career pathing for employees so they know where the next step is for them.

Don't Work Here

I have been working at John Morrell

Pros

In the building there is a gym, cafe and small convenience store. There is no pro to working for these people.

Cons

There is nothing good about this place. run for the hills.

There are newer employer reviews for John Morrell

Worked for John Morrell? Contribute to the Community!