John Morrell
www.jmfg.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Great People, Bad Upper Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, good pay, schedule flexibility, great manager, no formal sick day policy so being sick does not count against you.

ConsCompany has many divisions and each division kind of "does its own thing" when it comes to running things. Any kind of roadmap for future growth is non-existent. Executives play favorites, kind of a "Good ol' boys club", where if someone is in it, they are allowed to do what ever they want and you as the subordinate, have to make it work. Workplace was toxic as a specific person on my team could cuss people out on a whim and lacked any kind of professionalism and was never given any kind of disciplinary actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money on improving conditions for employees and giving them better tools to do their jobs, not on perks for the executives.

Opportunity for career growth

I have been working at John Morrell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: In my 10+ years at JMFG, I have been given many opportunities to progress in my career and learn new areas of the business. … Cons: Not a lot of attention or opportunity for formal training exists. Much of the training is OTJ. With multiple companies under one… Advice to Senior Management: Manager training would be beneficial as well as career progression/career pathing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Don't Work Here

I have been working at John Morrell

Pros: In the building there is a gym, cafe and small… Cons: There is nothing good about this place. run for the… More
There are newer reviews on John Morrell.

Worked for John Morrell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at John Morrell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for John Morrell CEO Joseph B. Sebring. All reviews posted anonymously by John Morrell employees.