There are newer employer reviews for John Muir Health

great company to work for

Former Employee - Referral Coordinator/Medical Assistant  in  Walnut Creek, CA
Former Employee - Referral Coordinator/Medical Assistant in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at John Muir Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

excellent room for growth, great benefits! excellent learning experience, able to work around your schedule!

Cons

the turnover of managers at 1 particular site! the hiring of externs just because lack of staff and many are ignoring the patients as they gossip and talk on their cell phones, ive waited on hold for over 1/2 hour, the patients should feel safe and the staff should be more sympethic to their situation as we all would want to feel the same if we are in the same situation. the hiring of younger unskilled asympethic individuals per one hiring manager at the concord office stated ( we want young blood so that we may train them how we want them as they are set in their ways) compared to mature and very highly skilled individuals. ive work for a few major hospitals,stanford and uc davis and i learned how their systems worked and how their facility ran, i am able to adapt to any medical setting due to my experience, i see it as a little discrimination and after 9 years of dedicated service and 8 very much younger individuals whom were at the job 7 years less then me and my 20 plus years experience i did feel like i was discriminated against.

your operations are greatly appreciated! you strive to make employees happy and the operations run smoother, you also take seriously any problems that arise and i believe john muir can only get better! i would look closley at the individuals that are hired over ones with much more expierence and longevity and see how many younger and underskilled individuals are being placed over ones like myself whom have much more expierence and more mature or i do see a lawsuit regarding discrimination.

37 Other Employee Reviews for John Muir Health (View Most Recent)

Family Friendly!

I have been working at John Muir Health full-time

Pros

Great place to work!! Great Coworkers. Very family friendly

Cons

Need more staff support, feel punished for using benfits. Benfits are getting cut more and more each year. Cost way too much for copays

Technically sophisticated, compassionate patient care with dedicated health care professionals

Current Employee - Medical Physicist  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Physicist in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at John Muir Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

John Muir seems to be making right decisions to provide high quality affordable health care by investing in information technology, state of the art physical plants, and focused on staying as a highly respected hospital by the community it serves

Cons

Walnut Creek and surrounding areas are expensive to live mainly due to high cost of real estate. Administration is too diffuse and recognition for good work is slow.

Too many top level positions whose contributions are difficult to asses;

There are newer employer reviews for John Muir Health

Worked for John Muir Health? Contribute to the Community!