John Muir Health

www.johnmuirhealth.com

Monetarily rewarding but disappointing in other aspects

Current Employee - Project and Support Analyst
Current Employee - Project and Support Analyst

Pros

Good (local) reputation, Magnet ratings, competitive compensation, good benefits. Most workers are hard working and want to see JMH succeed.

Cons

Poor management, too many chiefs, some not honest and interested with managed employees. JMH recently hired an outside firm who inaccurately assessed the staff in a long term audit. JMH is currently going through staff reductions, recommended by an this outside firm in order to stay afloat in an attempt to administer the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Upper management - Evaluate your coordinators (managers) at the corporate office (IT) and determine if they are really needed. In my group, they tend to assign non-effective additional "busy work" in an already short staffed group, to justify their role in management. Don't assume you will be getting accurate employee review data from these managers who depend on input from a "trusted" inside favored employee. Managers: Favored employees are biased and are not a reliable source of information for review content and rating of their fellow workers reviews. Instead, all clinical IT managers should be required to work in the clinical setting (hospital), not out of the corporate office, where they are unaware of what in going on, including the supported departmental needs and dynamics. In short, you need to know what your staff does in order to effectively manage them.

Other reviews for John Muir Health

Too Big to see the Big picture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Pros

The pay was great! Great collection of skilled employees, mostly good , hard working people.

Cons

Too many chiefs! Disconnected supervisory echelon. Corrupt power players in top positions - siphoning profits. Not forward thinking. In desperate need of restructuring.

You ought to listen to your employees, they can tell u alot about your business!

great company to work for

Former Employee - Referral Coordinator/Medical Assistant  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Referral Coordinator/Medical Assistant in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

excellent room for growth, great benefits! excellent learning experience, able to work around your schedule!

Cons

the turnover of managers at 1 particular site! the hiring of externs just because lack of staff and many are ignoring the patients as they gossip and talk on their cell phones, ive waited on hold for over 1/2 hour, the patients should feel safe and the staff should be more sympethic to their situation as we all would want to feel the same if we are in the same situation. the hiring of younger unskilled asympethic individuals per one hiring manager at the concord office stated ( we want young blood so that we may train them how we want them as they are set in their ways) compared to mature and very highly skilled individuals. ive work for a few major hospitals,stanford and uc davis and i learned how their systems worked and how their facility ran, i am able to adapt to any medical setting due to my experience, i see it as a little discrimination and after 9 years of dedicated service and 8 very much younger individuals whom were at the job 7 years less then me and my 20 plus years experience i did feel like i was discriminated against.

your operations are greatly appreciated! you strive to make employees happy and the operations run smoother, you also take seriously any problems that arise and i believe john muir can only get better! i would look closley at the individuals that are hired over ones with much more expierence and longevity and see how many younger and underskilled individuals are being placed over ones like myself whom have much more expierence and more mature or i do see a lawsuit regarding discrimination.

There are newer employer reviews for John Muir Health.

Worked for John Muir Health? Contribute to the Community!