There are newer employer reviews for John Thomas Financial

High energy environment in early stages of growth with room for advancement.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at John Thomas Financial

Pros

Structured training program offers the discipline necessary to keep entry level employees on the right track to succeed in building a client-base in a relatively short period of time. Daily access to technical analyst and economist, both of which are regulars on CNBC and/or Fox Business News provides brokers a competitive advantage when competing for new clients. The firms committment to long-term growth will provide opportunities for existing employees to advance within the organization.

Cons

Because the firm is relatively young, it lacks name recognition. The full-service platform is still in the process of being built out.

As you continue to grow, stay committed to surrounding yourself with the very best talent available.

reviews filtered by
  1. Superb, I want to go back and work full-time

Former Employee - Shoe Shine Guy in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Shoe Shine Guy in New York, NY

I worked at John Thomas Financial

Pros

It's an aggressive environment, you really feel like you are working for super-macho Wall St Players.

Cons

The occassional insult or rude remark, but maybe thats anywhere

Give me a full time job!

Fun, exciting.

Current Employee - Stockbroker in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Stockbroker in New York, NY

I have been working at John Thomas Financial

Pros

Very exciting enviroment, keeps me on my toes and motivated. insanely luxurious enviroment, shoes shiners on the floor, bathroom attendee handing you towels and cleaning after every #1 or #2. Globally known Senior Analyst (Wayne Kauffman), Well Known CEO (Tom Belesis), they are both on CNBC and FOXbusiness. In another words, the firm is stacked, and despite the bad reps that people say on the internet, Tom has the Man of the Year award by Mayor Gulliani for cleaning up Wall St.

You only need to get 10 clients for your senior broker before you start your own business, some places make you get 100 leads PLUS 25 clients. 10 is low.

Cons

A lot of people on the internet bash John Thomas Financial, calling it a boiler room and what not. It is NOT a boiler room, anywhere you go to become a broker, you will have to make cold calls, of course unless you already know 20 millionairs who are willing to dish over there hard earned money to you (and whoever knows that many millionairs, are rich themselves and come from wealthy families and live off daddy til there 35, and take over all his money once he passes away)

My senior broker probably isn't the best they have, i would rather have another person, but it is whatever, I'm just excited for when i can leave him and start my own business there.

Be a lot more organized with the interview process. If you have an appointment at 11am, be there and ready at 11am, get it over with as quickly as possible.

I'm with the company now, but when i went in for an interview, the guy was 20 minutes late. Then I talked to him for about 10-15 minutes, he gave me a pitch to read, told me he'll be back in 20 minutes for me, instead he came back in 2 hours. BE MORE ORGANIZED AND PROFESSIONAL!

There are newer employer reviews for John Thomas Financial