John Wieland Homes

www.jwhomes.com
There are newer employer reviews for John Wieland Homes

This job taught me the value of managing my career!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at John Wieland Homes

Pros

The atmosphere is competitive but not to the extreme. Mr. Wieland is very hands on.

Cons

Not a very diverse place to work. This is highlighted by not one but two class-action lawsuits that took place while I worked there. The benefits package left a lot to be desired with the employees being required to pay up-front and be reimbursed later for dental and some medical expenses. Sales Managers had no autonomy and had to defer to the construction side for approal of offers. These guys all seemed to be chasing their tails, making a decision then constantly changing their minds after you've informed the customer. During my time there, I met so many hard-working and dedicated people but many of them became disenchanted and left. As the market was melting in 2008, I lost several good sales because managment failed to recognize the significance of the economic meltdown and still believed they could expect and receive margins of 17% and above while rejecting good offers of 12% margin. This proved to be a serious mistake across the board.

Sales should have more autonomy. They are hired to be experts so don't handicap them.
Take a serious look at overhauling the benefits package entirely.
Create a more structured sales training program rather than the self-paced one currently in place.

12 Other Employee Reviews for John Wieland Homes (View Most Recent)

Nashville division terrible

Former Employee - Community Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Community Sales Manager

I worked at John Wieland Homes

Pros

benefits, training at corporate headquarters in Atlanta

Cons

The Nashville division is a complete joke. The sales team was dog eat dog with a total lack of management. Luckily the division president and sales manager were fired. Unfortunately, it was too late as the division is looking at folding.

This might be a good company to work at in other locations.

Great company.

Former Employee - Neighborhood Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Neighborhood Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at John Wieland Homes

Pros

Really enjoyed working for a company that totally stood behind it's product. Company was very solid at that time and the experience was very good.

Cons

Company a little slow to change and new ideas. Very committed to a quality product so this may contribute to that. Not a lot of shortcomings from my point of view. Nice people.

Hire more women in leadership roles.

There are newer employer reviews for John Wieland Homes