Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

www.jhuapl.edu
  www.jhuapl.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Setup field tests, collected data, analyzed data to create models of atmospheric effects on naval nav/comm systems

Current Employee - Field Test Engineer  in  Laurel, MD
Current Employee - Field Test Engineer in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Pros

The compensation and benefits package is very excellent for entry level positions and i'm sure advanced positions. There are programs that encourage fitness, not to mention a decent gym onsite. Higher peers were available for mentorship, lunches, etc.

Cons

People tend to seem trapped in positions. There was not much growth unless you overextended yourself to human resource type programs that were not compensated.

My manager was very involved with my project. I was lucky; I knew some peers who sat in front of their computer all day and "seemed" busy. They moved along however I guess they can be accountable for their lack of aspirations.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Retire. Not so great place for young people.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Pros

Great People. Great Benefits. Great GYM!

Cons

Lack of System Engineering. Lack of Project Management. Lack of Innovations. Lack of Interest. Your skills will become stale here... Definitely, not a place for young minds.

Promote more Web Technology!!! It's time to move ahead w/ the rest of the world.

Not as diverse as an educational facility should be.

Current Employee - Associate Professional Staff II  in  Laurel, MD
    Current Employee - Associate Professional Staff II in Laurel, MD

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Pros

Good tuition plan, excellent retirement, and flexible working hours

Cons

Practically no diversity in higher level of management. Limited growth potential and low compensation.

You control projects NOT people

Worked for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!