Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

www.jhuapl.edu

Setup field tests, collected data, analyzed data to create models of atmospheric effects on naval nav/comm systems

Field Test Engineer (Current Employee) Laurel, MD

ProsThe compensation and benefits package is very excellent for entry level positions and i'm sure advanced positions. There are programs that encourage fitness, not to mention a decent gym onsite. Higher peers were available for mentorship, lunches, etc.

ConsPeople tend to seem trapped in positions. There was not much growth unless you overextended yourself to human resource type programs that were not compensated.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manager was very involved with my project. I was lucky; I knew some peers who sat in front of their computer all day and "seemed" busy. They moved along however I guess they can be accountable for their lack of aspirations.

Great Place to Retire. Not so great place for young people.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Laurel, MD

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Pros: Great People. Great Benefits. Great GYM! Cons: Lack of System Engineering. Lack of Project Management. Lack of Innovations. Lack… Advice to Senior Management: Promote more Web Technology!!! It's time to move ahead w/… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not as diverse as an educational facility should be.

Associate Professional Staff II (Current Employee) Laurel, MD

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Pros: Good tuition plan, excellent retirement, and flexible working hours Cons: Practically no diversity in higher level of management. Limited growth… Advice to Senior Management: You control projects NOT people No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.

Worked for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!