Johns Hopkins University
www.jhu.edu Baltimore, MD 5000+ Employees

Great please to do research

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

ProsFew distractions. Very comprehensive university services, especially library service and gym. Most colleagues have very high academic standings.

ConsVery small campus consists of small departments. A lot of research directions are simply absent. Few recreational (other than the gym) options. No good restaurants nearby and the security situation deteriorates only 2 blocks from campus. To put it simple: lots of work but no life.

Advice to Senior ManagementA large number of professors which serves as the backbone for the research of this institution are retiring in the near future. There are, however, not enough effort to recruit new people to ensure a smooth transition.

A great opportunity and amazing learning experience

Web Developer (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University full-time

Pros: Great environment, awesome benefits, the people at JHU are great,… Cons: Good luck getting a raise. Unfortunately, salaries aren't competitive, specially… Advice to Senior Management: Creative advice from developers should be taken more seriously. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Advanced Academic Programs is a VERY Troubled Department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at Johns Hopkins University full-time

Pros: Flexible work schedule, great health benefits, tuition remission, generous dependent… Cons: Decentralized (but still bureaucratic), low salaries compared to private industry, lack of transparency in management decisions, growing focus on the bottom line over quality education… Advice to Senior Management: More transparency regarding senior-level decisions, more staff involvement, No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Johns Hopkins University.

Worked for Johns Hopkins University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johns Hopkins University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Johns Hopkins University CEO Ronald J. Daniels. All reviews posted anonymously by Johns Hopkins University employees.