Johns Hopkins University
www.jhu.edu Baltimore, MD 5000+ Employees

Great People

Recreation Center Monitor (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

ProsJohns Hopkins University is full of great people in a supportive atmosphere. A lot is expected of you, but they have every right to demand the best support for their students.

ConsI can't really think of any cons that would apply to the entire university. I worked part-time at the Recreation Center as a Monitor, which was rather boring and repetitive, but you can't really expect more from a job the main requirement of which is to watch students and university affiliates and make sure they don't hurt themselves or the facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou could consider rotating employees through the different relatively unskilled positions to give them a bit of fresh air.

I worked here as a summer intern, so ymmv.

Programmer (Former Employee)
    Laurel, MD

I worked at Johns Hopkins University as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Small teams make this place feel smaller than it is. Being government affiliated, you know what to expect in terms of… Cons: Once again, it is government affiliated, so you get the cons of that as well. They do have… Advice to Senior Management: I didn't see much of the overall structure or other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to continue your career education and learn a lot

Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Johns Hopkins University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Time off is great, continuing education great, college benefits for… Cons: Poor salary - raises don't match cost of living, no merit… Advice to Senior Management: Get in line with regional salaries and figure out a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Johns Hopkins University.

Worked for Johns Hopkins University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johns Hopkins University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Johns Hopkins University CEO Ronald J. Daniels. All reviews posted anonymously by Johns Hopkins University employees.