Johns Manville

Good place, great products

Former Employee - Sales Technical in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Sales Technical in Denver, CO

I worked at Johns Manville

Pros

Group of good people supporting great products and helping industry build better environments for living, working, playing. It has a name that people know and respected products that make some aspects of your job easier.

Cons

They have a number of products that are large volume items and help sell other items. Like many large companies this situations can put some great profitable products with smaller volumes at an internal disadvantage for resources.

Take a look at some of the very low volume profitable items that might work across several groups or stand alone in the marketplace and consider either making them their own group (however small). This may take stress off LARGE volume management teams.

Then give opportunity to expand not only the products applications but also the volume and revenues with a dedicated and more focused management team, but still within the company.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Johns Manville (View Most Recent)

nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Johns Manville

Pros

good reward for your work

Cons

yearly increment, small cubes to work

health insurance benefits

Great personal job satisfaction which has been dependent on my manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Johns Manville

Pros

I have had 4 managers in 4 years. Only 1 of the 4 did not support personal and professional growth and that one only lasted for 6 months. My department is very supportive of work/life balance and we have the choice to work remote as needed.
    We have a newly redefined technical ladder which holds great promise

Cons

hard to get level / salary increases. New technical ladder should help those of us who are not interested in management but do lead decisions and projects.

Having the option to work remote during bad weather or when you have personal situations is a strong ingredient in personnel retention.

Professional development and training have been a low priority in many departments because of the extremely lean work force. A lack of cross-training and passive assistance to individuals for defining and reaching goals has lead to a low salaried retention rate in highly technical support departments.

Support department managers should be trained better to be managers rather than promoted from the ranks and expected to knnow how to manage.

There are newer employer reviews for Johns Manville