Johns Manville

www.jm.com
  www.jm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Johns Manville

If you are looking to come in and drive change and learn, good luck!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Johns Manville

Pros

Pay is alright, benefits are good, great work/life balance. Stability with Berkshire ownership. It can be a stable place to learn a few skills, but you will exhaust the learning potential in about 9 months.

Cons

You will not grow. No talent pipeline program. HR and management seem oblivious to this. I saw great people come and go quickly as they realized this. I've been gone for a year. It is run with zero vision. The strategy is to not have a strategy... just keep things the same and try and generate a few bucks. Grow the business or change the processes... nope. While there may be a couple good Directors and up to learn from, there are far more who are just milking a paycheck and afraid to present ideas to senior management.

If you want good people to stay, you must create a vision of their career... give them a path. If you want to continue to be a mediocre company, you are doing a great job.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Johns Manville (View Most Recent)

okay

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Johns Manville

Pros

good work life balance in most areas of the the company

Cons

limited advancement opportunities currently in most areas

better benefit plan (taking experience level into consideration) would go a long way to retaining employees

Listen up, the future is now and time is getting short to prepare for it.

Current Employee - Inspector Packer in Defiance, OH
    Current Employee - Inspector Packer in Defiance, OH

I have been working at Johns Manville

Pros

The compensation package is fair. The employees are without a doubt the most experienced and professional in the industry today. The potential for the future is tremendous. The products in the marketplace are the best available.

Cons

Lack of respect from management. Lack of communication. Many ethical discrepancies. The best person for the job is not always the person who gets the job. Even though I'm a Union member, I feel that the Union contributes to many of the problems that plague the company. I see what's happened with the automakers and see distinct parallels between their situation and the potential future of this company if issues aren't addressed soon.

Listen to those who do the job and put their recommendations to use. Be consistent and fair in dealing with employee issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Johns Manville