There are newer employer reviews for Johns Manville

A pretty good place to work overall

I have been working at Johns Manville

Pros

Decent pay structure, benefits are good, very financially stable- the company also recongnizes that you do have a life outside of work...or at least some of us do.

Cons

old school with some of the policies and procedures on the plant level, a keep the workers happy mentality which in turn has caused a ton of entitlement amoungst the hourly associates.

Focus on talent development within the lower ranks of the management structure...also known as succession planning.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Johns Manville (View Most Recent)

Old school traditions persist

I worked at Johns Manville

Pros

Great history and tradition. Perceived safety of Berkshire Hathaway family. Opportunities for bringing JM into the 21st century with many of its business practices.

Cons

Very conservative both politically and organizationally. New ideas need to be socialized thoroughly before they are accepted. While there's a benefit to being part of the Berkshire Hathaway family, there are financial expectations that need to be met.

Educate the work force on innovation and seek input in a structured way that takes advantage of the good ideas.

Great people and supportive environment

I worked at Johns Manville as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the people very much. There were always there to answer any questions I had and were supportive in helping me through issues, or congratulating me on accomplishments.

Cons

The technical support was awful, and hiring was frustrating. My pay started off as the wrong amount agreed upon, my drug test got lost along the way, I had computer problems that IT never fixed, and they never gave me a copy of the program required for my job to install on my computer, so I downloaded it myself using my student account (free trial).

There are newer employer reviews for Johns Manville