Johnson Controls

www.johnsoncontrols.com
There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

An honest review to see what others think of JCI

Current Employee - Financial in Plymouth, MI
Current Employee - Financial in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

At the start (10 years ago) it was a great place to work. I still have a couple of friends from the days where we were real teams, part of the team still exists.
There was a little oppertunity for me.
There are plenty of places to park, and I expect many more by January 2008.
As there is not a set time to start work, there is no harrasment for showing up a couple of minutes later than the norm.

Cons

Very limited opportunities unless you are in a click e.g. U of M Graduate.
Wall Street knows what is going on before the employees
While the morale survey provides a positive message, everyone filled in the correct answers as not to go to all of the improvement meetings.
Only a very few managers provide recognition, most provide criticism (in front of others just to make themselves look good)
Senior Leadership, only looking after the stock-holders and Wall Street. Just look where that put the banking industry
Work life balance (unless you are in a click) is almost non-existant. Manager's will just keep dumping workloads and unrealistic timelines to make themselves look good at meeting.
Fairness & Respect, again if you are not in a click, forget the fairness and respect and expect to do all of the work.
The worst part is when a person leaves JCI it is Orwellian - they become on non-person and it is not correct to remeber they ever were employed at JCI.

Go to church and not as a hypocrite. So that you can understand that putting others first, than yourself first and self-interest can benefit society. Consider the individual, pushing for the dollar result, when the agreements have been made, places the actions of the employee in the gray area of ethics, to maintain gainful employment.
I can only compare the current management style to the same "self serving" greed the fueled the collapse of the mortgage industry (2008).

After the Re-organization Dec 2008 think more of the Stake-holders and not the Stock-holders, for real employee engagement, then you will have a grass-roots foundation to improve Stock-holder value. Right now you are building a house of cards.

771 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls (View Most Recent)

If sweat-shops were still legal...We would build a bridge to nowhere for free.

Current Employee - Systems Technician in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Technician in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Good work-environment, easy going people, interesting work.

Cons

The company spends to much time and effort trying to please stock-holders at their employees expense. They forget about the future and

I think that your understaffed and over-sold (and it is no big secret). I think you are destroying your reputation because of my prior statement. I think your staff and techs are under-trained. I think your training sucks. I think that online-training is bu11shit. It is a bunch of garbage that the IT world has tricked corporate America into buying with bu11shit stats. You need to be trained by people in person over time in real life. You need to quit throwing your tribal knowledge away every two years.

Strong company history with a bright future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Company growth and financial strength
    Energy and Sustainabilty Focus
    Career growth opportunities

Cons

Lack of agility regarding change and decision making as found at many large companies

Maintain aggressive growth and work to diversify the company product portfolio. Increase communication to the broader population regarding future vision.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls