There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

A good place to work if you are not in a low cost country office

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Sofia (Bulgaria)
Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

A nice, calm and supportive working environment with open for help peers and managers.

Cons

Working in a low cost country office makes you loose your motivation quickly when you occupy the same position available in another country office but you dont share the same salary level.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the internal structure so often. Try to comply to the internationally accepted structures for big companies and let the emplyees know their current place and let them plan their career growth.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The worst career move I ever made.

Former Employee - Management in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Management in Markham, ON (Canada)

I worked at Johnson Controls

Pros

I had to do alot of reflection inorder to find anyting that I would classify as a pro to working at Johnson controls. The only aspects of the job that wer epositive was a good benefit package and 3 weeks vacation.

Cons

I worked for johnson Controls for under two years. I would never recommend this company to anyone seeking employment regardless of how badly they needed a job. In my experience there is absolutely no regard for respectable and fai treatment of employees. The culture is completely preoccupied with assigning blame and accountibility of mistakes with little emphasis on how to move forward towards productive processes and effectiveness. The Canadian division and head office in Milwaukee are world's apart.

Advice to Management

The Milwaukee leadership needs to completely overhaul the Canadian leadership team and change the reporting hierarchy. Canadian systems and Service is doing very well. However the solutions division is operating at a 1/10th effectiveness and productivity of where they should be.

2. Good Learning and a global company

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Global company Corporate experience Ethos and respect Strong leaders

Cons

Compensation and grade structure are rigid. Should be slighlty less rigid to allow for rising stars to progress through the company quicker. Local management not at the same level as senior management, large gap between the two levels Brand needs to be developed more, "one of the largest unknown companies in the world"

Advice to Management

Develop young leaders and rising stars