Johnson Controls

www.johnsoncontrols.com
  www.johnsoncontrols.com
There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

A flexible, and well rewarded company that give the feedback you need to improve performance.

Current Employee - Solutions Director in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Solutions Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Very flexible schedule with little stress and has great benefits. The company pays for many expenses that you would have to pay for yourself during business travel.

Cons

Some unnecessary travel to meet business clients in person and some senior members can be hard to contact through e-mail or phone

If you would like an employee to meet a client, don't send them around the world, just give the employee their e-mail address.

742 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls (View Most Recent)

Innovation is an expectation in every role at JCI

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Empowered
    Accountable
    Add value to the bottom line
    Expectation to be innovative in your job
    Continue to drive things forward - don't wait to be told
    Lots of opportunity
    True Global company

Cons

Career paths - not defined, but lots of opportunities
    Mentorship program

I don't see retention as a big issue, but JCI does so many good things I see opportunity to focus in on retention from an employee satisfaction standpoint.

JCI is a great company that needs better leadership in the trenches

Current Employee - Engineer II in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Flexible work hours, competitive wages, job security have been a key positive aspects that I have experienced with JCI. I think that their corporate values are great and something that a person could buy in to and be a part of.

Cons

Some of the corporate values get lost in translation in the branches of the company. Senior leadership doesn't seem to invest enough of themselves into creating a vision that is translated into a strategy. This makes for inconsistent product offering and disgruntled employees.

Learn to invest at an appropriate level. Depending on how high up the food chain a manager is they have a responsibility in translating the JCI vision into a successful, strategic plan to delver. Unfortunately, it seems that the vision of our senior most staff is not necessarily translated appropriately into the outer limbs of the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls