Johnson Controls

www.johnsoncontrols.com
  www.johnsoncontrols.com
There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

If you don't make any decisions, you will prosper

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

BEnefits are good and there are plenty of problems to solve.

Cons

Senior management is clueless about real issues and professional level employees challenges.

Quit and work in government.

740 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls (View Most Recent)

Good Place to Work, Great Place to Learn

Current Employee - Systems Technician II in Capitol Heights, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Technician II in Capitol Heights, MD

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

-Great tools for the field, very adaptive and flexible to program ( especially the mstp system). -Current leadership is supportive and quick assist as long as you communicate properly and update regularly.
    -Decent pay with LOTS of OT if you are willing/able.

Cons

-PMs are decent but slow to respond many times.
    -Tools,support,and documentation is not always provided to technicians as it should be. Many times you fulfill multiple rolls, especially as a technician.
    -Depending on PM ( more so LSS's) the manager may not be knowledgeable of the system OR project due to their own overly large work load. (I can think of two immediately, out of 5 LSS's)
    -Technicians are not paid enough to keep them long especially if they are knowledgeable, hardworking, and honest. JCI infrastructure just does not support large or quick raises. So a capable employee is left to wait for an opening in a more advanced position, or work alot of OT, to increase their pay by any substantial amount. (Average system tech pay = around 50k at JCI. Elsewhere experienced controls technicians can make 68-90k. )
    -Technicians are held accountable for management screw ups by customers, and are usually the face of good customer reviews, although PM and LSS are only recognized on successful projects.
    -Training is done on your own time and not paid for typically.

-Pay for technician training.
    -Support field techs more.
    -Increase pay scale for higher level technicians ( you cant keep good people otherwise, even if they actually like the company).
    -Allow smoother role transition (I.E- ST -> SD ->SE, LSS -> SS -> PM) instead of forcing good employees to wait for position handouts.

In 1 sentance, great!!!

Current Employee - O&M TechnicianIII in Danvers, MA
    Current Employee - O&M TechnicianIII in Danvers, MA

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

I enjoy my job and I also enjoy very much the people that I work with, also the pay is very rewarding.

Cons

As far as I can tell the only drawback is with my position, I work at a customers job site and our contract got canceled, so I loose my job in 2.54 months.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls