There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls basically a good company...

Current Employee - Continuous Improvment
Current Employee - Continuous Improvment

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management very ethical, seeks employee input.

Cons

Variable nature of business deal strains business systems.

Invest in more flexible infrastructure.

reviews filtered by
  1. Started with high hopes, ended with disappointment

I worked at Johnson Controls

Pros

A well established multinational F.M. Company in Europe and the US

Cons

Management of the MENA region failed to provide the needed support, know-how, foot print and back-up, specifically Egypt.
    No interest in employee development and retention
    No interest in business development and growth
    No established operating manual and processes specifically tailored for the region

The region has great potential

2. Good Place to Start.

Former Employee - Controls Technician
    Former Employee - Controls Technician

I worked at Johnson Controls full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good/cheap Benefits. When you're new you might get to travel a little for out-of-state training. Big company so no-one knows what you know or don't know how to do. If you take a union position you will get a annual raise up to a certain scale regardless what your level of knowledge is. If you like Electronics you can take your time learning their products.

Cons

Career advancement is very slow when compared to other companies. Corporate and Local management do not have a clue how to run a service organization!!! They are only concerned with pleasing stock holders. Three ring circus!!!You will constantly be thrown under the bus and sent to jobs, by yourself, with no training on what you are being sent to do!! They quit training you very shortly after you hire in. They have an extremely high turnover rate. I practically had a new manager every year. They have a lay off every year around the fall(pleasing stock holders). I gave a 150% and took on job duties way outside of my job title with no incentive given. After seven years a new manager came in who didn't even know me and tried to give me an annual review. I stuck it out, learned their control products on my own and tried to take care of customers. My fifth year they took a week of vacation away from me without telling me and refused to pay it after I returned from my vacation. I was on call 35 weeks a year with no backup support. Big corporate monster and you are just a number regardless how much money you make them. I spent my whole time putting out fires for upset customers. I actually learned more about their controls by not working for them. Finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel and got out. (good Luck)

Keep up the good work.