Exciting, Good work-personal life balance

Current Employee - Product Design Engineer in Holland, MI
Current Employee - Product Design Engineer in Holland, MI

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good facilities and set up available for learning Challenging and fun place to work Upper management is transparent and approachable Excellent work culture and work pressures are manageable enough to maintain work-life balance

Cons

Since organization is tied to the fortune of the auto-industry, at times the pace of the organization is sluggish. Top heavy management and hence few opportunities for growth

Advice to Management

Diversification by adding related product lines can create necessary opportunities

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Tough, resilient company

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Norman, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Norman, OK

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time

Pros

. Very determined and committed leadership . Forward thinking business approach . History of impactful innovation . Insistent on financial results

Cons

. Too focused on metrics, often at the expense of people . Dogged determination to make the numbers, almost at any cost . Runs way too lean; most people doing 2-3 jobs after RIF's with no title or pay adjustments . Overworking people; sometimes run production people 7 days/week . Overly structured; not enough flexibility about roles . Too many decisions made at Corporate for field or plant locations by people who do not know the businesses or the people . Really bad at change management, especially after M&A's (Attitude is "we bought you, so just do what we say.") . Many fake processes in place (like a global employee survey that people lie on) . Johnson Controls really c-o-n-t-r-o-l-s. . Seems very willing to cut people or change their roles without their notification or buy-in.

Advice to Management

. Give people the recognition and opportunities they deserve. . Don't put all the best jobs in Milwaukee if they don't have to be there. . Stop micromanaging. Let people do their jobs.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Environmental Coordinator in West Union, SC
    Current Employee - Environmental Coordinator in West Union, SC

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Johnson Controls is a very diversified company and is worldwide. I would say this company is very stable and has good benefits. There are alot of good people that work with me and I enjoy coming to work everyday.

Cons

I can't think of anything bad to say about Johnson Controls. They have been good to me and am grateful for given the chance to work for them. I am not saying that there aren't things that could be improved upon but I would say that would go for alot of big companies out there.