Johnson Controls

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

Great Company

Former Employee - Assembler in Rockwood, MI
Former Employee - Assembler in Rockwood, MI

I worked at Johnson Controls full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job had great benefits and pay. Easy commute to work. Treated employees fairly and did the "extras" for the employees when they performed well.

Cons

Plant moved to save money and lost job.

741 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls (View Most Recent)

I love my job and the team I work with, but I can't speak for the rest of the departments.

Current Employee - Performance Assurance Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Performance Assurance Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training facilities and time is provided to ramp-up to the level of the job, before they expect a certain amount of work output from you. The team I work with is fantastic and the best in the country to use innovative methods to calculate savings. Great team to work with.

Cons

1. Lacks consistency in management. I have had 3 bosses in the last 3 years that I have been with this company.
    2. Sales does drive everything, but retaining Customers is also very important. Let's not lose focus on that!

Please don't take advice from consultants to change the ENTIRE corporate structure, just because they feel there is more business to go after, in this bad economy. We, as a company, are doing well, even in a bad economy and that is a good thing, but changing the structure and laying off new hires is not a good idea.

Company Destined to Fail

Former Employee - Director in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Director in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Johnson Controls full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong brand in the market
    Nice people who think about work/life balance
    Pockets of excellence
    Fair compensation for the amount of work that is expected

Cons

Senior leadership in building efficiency very weak. In fact most of them should be replaced, but more likely they will move the deck chairs around again. CEO/CFO pay themselves a ton while the company continues to underperform and be forced to lay off workers. Unable to leverage scale to deliver superior product to end customers, instead act more like a slow moving glacier. Innovation a talking point, not a part of culture.

My advice is to the board. Replace the senior leaders. In fact you should question why you have three divisions, the company would have more value broken apart. There is no benefit having all the divisions under one roof. All attempts to shift expertise between divisions fails, and investors cannot invest in a pure play business.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls