Johnson Controls

www.johnsoncontrols.com

JCI was once headed in the right direction but the impact of bringing in poor leaders from Power division is showing.

Former Employee - Director  in  Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Director in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Good people and great products.

Cons

Internal focus and constant shifting of strategies in Building Efficiency compounded by very poor leaders brought into BE from Power has driven best leaders out of company. Wall St seems to be tiring of lack of delivery.

Planning process is a demotivator to field mgmt. JCI is too internally focused and siloed. CEO has the right stuff but too many division leaders don't.

Other reviews for Johnson Controls

Supervisors were overworked and lacked time necessary to improve process flow, quality, and correct issues.

Former Employee - Assembler  in  Holland, MI
    Former Employee - Assembler in Holland, MI

Pros

Overtime helped compensate for low hourly rates.

Cons

Long hours required doing boring, repetitive assembly work.

Management not intimate with process flow, quality issues, and origin of issues. Poor lighting in some of quality check areas and acceptable check parameters often poorly defined. Tools used to perform checks properly often came up missing.

I love my job and the team I work with, but I can't speak for the rest of the departments.

Current Employee - Performance Assurance Engineer  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Performance Assurance Engineer in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Excellent training facilities and time is provided to ramp-up to the level of the job, before they expect a certain amount of work output from you. The team I work with is fantastic and the best in the country to use innovative methods to calculate savings. Great team to work with.

Cons

1. Lacks consistency in management. I have had 3 bosses in the last 3 years that I have been with this company.
    2. Sales does drive everything, but retaining Customers is also very important. Let's not lose focus on that!

Please don't take advice from consultants to change the ENTIRE corporate structure, just because they feel there is more business to go after, in this bad economy. We, as a company, are doing well, even in a bad economy and that is a good thing, but changing the structure and laying off new hires is not a good idea.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls.

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!