Johnson Controls

www.johnsoncontrols.com
  www.johnsoncontrols.com
There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

JCI was once headed in the right direction but the impact of bringing in poor leaders from Power division is showing.

Former Employee - Director in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Director in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Johnson Controls full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people and great products.

Cons

Internal focus and constant shifting of strategies in Building Efficiency compounded by very poor leaders brought into BE from Power has driven best leaders out of company. Wall St seems to be tiring of lack of delivery.

Planning process is a demotivator to field mgmt. JCI is too internally focused and siloed. CEO has the right stuff but too many division leaders don't.

727 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Former Employee - Assembler in Rockwood, MI
    Former Employee - Assembler in Rockwood, MI

I worked at Johnson Controls full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job had great benefits and pay. Easy commute to work. Treated employees fairly and did the "extras" for the employees when they performed well.

Cons

Plant moved to save money and lost job.

I love my job and the team I work with, but I can't speak for the rest of the departments.

Current Employee - Performance Assurance Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Performance Assurance Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training facilities and time is provided to ramp-up to the level of the job, before they expect a certain amount of work output from you. The team I work with is fantastic and the best in the country to use innovative methods to calculate savings. Great team to work with.

Cons

1. Lacks consistency in management. I have had 3 bosses in the last 3 years that I have been with this company.
    2. Sales does drive everything, but retaining Customers is also very important. Let's not lose focus on that!

Please don't take advice from consultants to change the ENTIRE corporate structure, just because they feel there is more business to go after, in this bad economy. We, as a company, are doing well, even in a bad economy and that is a good thing, but changing the structure and laying off new hires is not a good idea.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls