Johnson Controls
www.johnsoncontrols.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

So far, not bad

Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time for less than a year

ProsInteresting work for the position, and managers who seem to be sincere in their support of personal and professional development. Company well-positioned in emerging markets. Flexible about work hours and work-from-home while remaining focussed on how employees can add value.

ConsHR was somewhat obstructionist / rather rule bound. Salary offered was low for the industry, education and level of experience. Very difficult to maneuver to get things done, because the management hierarchy is so complex and responsibilities are unclear.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management structure is so complex we spend more energy on internal coordination than on serving customers. That aspect is the biggest dis-satisfier and the biggest threat to our success.

Fulfilling and challenging

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: High values and ethics. Well respected Cons: Big company and takes time to get things approved. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A Great Learning Experience, Great People

Advanced Quality Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Johnson Controls full-time

Pros: - Coworkers are more than just your coworkers; they are your friends. - Fairly good work/life balance,… Cons: - Too many computer applications, with very little training for workers to learn how to confidently use them. - The high… Advice to Senior Management: Implement a more focused initial training process for new hires. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Johnson Controls.

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson Controls reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Johnson Controls CEO Alex A. Molinaroli. All reviews posted anonymously by Johnson Controls employees.