Johnson Controls

www.johnsoncontrols.com
There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

Well managed company, will succeed in the long run

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Johnson Controls

Pros

Great people to work with in a well-managed company. Organizational commitment to product and financial success.

Cons

Succession planning and promotions seem to be based as much on sponsorship or being "in the club" as on an objective search and evaluation of candidates.

Can be challenging to manage the relationship with both customers and suppliers.

NA

771 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls (View Most Recent)

Challenging but Rewarding

Former Employee - Account Financial Manager
    Former Employee - Account Financial Manager

I worked at Johnson Controls

Pros

The benefits are top notch. My location offered a very good Work/Life Balance. Challenging environment with an expectation to grow professionally.

Cons

My only downsides have to do with middle management. Lack of communication, recognition of good work, and even respect. I believe this is mainly at the location that I worked.

Give deserved recognition to employees who perform well. Always respect your coworkers and subordinates. Be honest with people all the time.

Sustainable Company - Great Place to work

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Green company! brilliant people, good for growth and development - but you need to let management know that you want to grow and develop and what you are interested in. If you are open with them, most managers will help good employees stay motivated and happy.

Cons

Large company, can be difficult to navigate. Headquarters is in MKE where it is COLD! Can be long hours if working on important projects.

Keep it up! 125 years in the busines is great, and I look forward to growing with the company for years to come.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls