There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

Complicated corporate structure makes it very hard to get things done

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Plymouth, MI
Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are mostly intelligent, ethical, and interesting. The pace and workload are generally reasonable. My manager pays a lot of attention to people development, and to building coalitions across organizational boundaries.

Cons

The multipley-matrixed organization structure is hard to navigate, the Automotive Experience group is rather a poor stepchild within the larger corporate world, and the AE management focus is almost completely in terms of meeting monthly and quarterly financials. Pay scale is average or below for the industry; benefits also are average at best.

Consider how the organization structural churn is inhibiting getting any real work done.

672 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls (View Most Recent)

Good Experience, Good Company

Former Employee - Quality Engineer  in  Holland, MI
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Holland, MI

I worked at Johnson Controls full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, benefits and perks. Big company, with lots of opportunities. You can learn a lot in a very short amount of time, everyday there is something different or new to work on. Fast paced environment, things move pretty quickly. I really liked the people I worked with, which made the job that much better. People are friendly and actually hang out after work. It's in a good location. Enjoyed going to work everyday, actually kind of miss it!

Cons

HR is slow to hire and get paperwork done. Some overtime is required during certain times. We worked some Saturdays, but got paid for the overtime so not a big deal. Can be stressful at times which may be a con for some people, but I enjoyed it.

Focus more on the fundamental quality principals that are in place and actually enforce them. Things would improve greatly if the enforcement came from the top down. Follow through on promises. Earn the respect of the employees.

Not part of the company

Current Employee - Technical Writer  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Life Sciences division outsources for large pharmaceuticle companies

Cons

GEt absolutely none of the benefits the rest of the company gets (bonuses, retirement plans).

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!