There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

A great company to work for long term

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Great People, Good Leadership, Large company resources with flexible & sound business approach. I am paid well but always feel (as everyone does) they are worth more.

Cons

Auto industry is a challenge in terms of customers and general market conditions. Overall not many downsides with JCI I have been here more than ten years and its better than the other 4 companies I have worked for.

Very little. One of the best aspects of this company is the Leadership. They are very capable and broad minded people with a great track record and consistancy of approach. The culture is good and whilst leadership can be misunderstood at working levels its very sound.

651 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls (View Most Recent)

Sink or swim

Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst  in  Burscheid, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)
    Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Burscheid, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

If you can survive the insanity here, then you will be able to work anywhere later.

Cons

Senior management has no strategic direction which trickles down throughout the organization. Career paths or planning are non-existant. Training opportunities are limited. Each autumn involves cost cutting measures, where we cut off our nose to spite our face. Excessive hours are the expectation but compensation is not adequate to compensate for constant overtime. There is no proper project or resource planning, everyone is over allocated, and the best you can do some days is to cater to whoever shouts the loudest.

Invest in employees.

Worth avoiding, if you value your sanity.

Current Employee - IT Systems Analyst  in  Jouy-le-Moutier (France)
    Current Employee - IT Systems Analyst in Jouy-le-Moutier (France)

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

I find that it is a good company for 'political' types who prefer to be seen talking rather than actually doing something. If you are one such person, JCI is a good place for you to be, and you will go a long way.
    If on the other hand you prefer to get down and be useful, I suggest not comming here.

Cons

- the management appears to be completely detached from real life
    - all jobs are now routinely moved to 'low-cost' countries or outsourced, with huge negative impact on performance and employee satisfaction
    - nearly all the people I know in this company are unhappy and would leave if they could. Doesn't say much about employee satisfaction.
    - when people meet or exceed the targets they have been given, they are kindly given a 2.5% pay rise when the cost of living has gone up even more than that over a year, and despite HUGE bebefits going to shareholders.
    - on a personal note, I have been lied to by my current boss for over 2 years now : only empty promises, and my job is not even what I signed up for.

Stop pushing jobs to 'low-cost' areas at the expense of losing all the knowledge and good people that can actually DO their job properly. We are all losing time and patience trying to keep the company running with 30% less real manpower than before.
    Reversely, please DO consider loosening up on internal procedure - it has got to a point where the paperwork takes more time than the job itself.
    Try to keep people happy, rather than just alive. Losing experienced personnel through lack of interest or patience for the company does no-one any good.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!