There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

Generally OK. Great experiences and some not so good ones.

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Holland, MI
Former Employee - Project Engineer in Holland, MI

I worked at Johnson Controls

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for responsibility and achievement. A great place to work if you value hard work and learning. Very nice people to work with. Strong emphasis on professionalism and teamwork.

Cons

Things pretty much end at the work and learning experiences. Hardly any opportunities for advancement. In fact if you're "too good", you get pigeonholed. Mid level management need training and empowerment.
The bureaucracy can drive you crazy.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the rigidity. Foster a more fluid work enterprise. Start walking the talk. Show employees in tangible ways that you value their hard work.. And please, don't leave an employee in the same role for 10 years without promotion or advancement.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great People, Wonderful Opportunity, and Fair Expectations

Former Employee - Energy Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Energy Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Johnson Controls

Pros

Everyone on the team worked together, no one schucked responsibility, professional aptmosphere, we all were part of something working to achieve.

Cons

Lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of hard work, but I say that in fun. Because at the end of the day you can say that you accomplished something and that is great.

Advice to Management

Well, I do think that like all Facility Management companies JCI has some not so good benefits. Please work on that.

2. Excellent experience if you enjoy winning and working hard to be the best.

Current Employee - Account Finance Manager in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Account Finance Manager in Holland, MI

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Johnson Controls is a very stable company within its industries and weathered the recent economic downturn extremely well. The past year saw a $1B turnaround in EBIT that we are all proud of. Johnson Controls has a long history of continuing improved growth and performance which provides individuals with the opprtunity for career growth and development. Leadership shows excellent long-term vision with commitment to values, ethics, and mutual respect. If you enjoy working hard, being a leader in your industry, and celebrating your success, then you will enjoy Johnson Controls.

Cons

Johnson Controls has multiple divisions, all with a significant global presence, and it can be difficult to network across this for the best fit for career opportunities. This is being addressed over the past 1-3 years through Leadership Development activities and is improving.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, we need to get the word out about what a great opportunity it is to work at Johnson Controls. We have an excellent exisiting workforce and I want to continue to work with the best of the best.