There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

If sweat-shops were still legal...We would build a bridge to nowhere for free.

Current Employee - Systems Technician in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Systems Technician in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Good work-environment, easy going people, interesting work.

Cons

The company spends to much time and effort trying to please stock-holders at their employees expense. They forget about the future and

I think that your understaffed and over-sold (and it is no big secret). I think you are destroying your reputation because of my prior statement. I think your staff and techs are under-trained. I think your training sucks. I think that online-training is bu11shit. It is a bunch of garbage that the IT world has tricked corporate America into buying with bu11shit stats. You need to be trained by people in person over time in real life. You need to quit throwing your tribal knowledge away every two years.

696 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls (View Most Recent)

Strong company history with a bright future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Johnson Controls

Pros

Company growth and financial strength
    Energy and Sustainabilty Focus
    Career growth opportunities

Cons

Lack of agility regarding change and decision making as found at many large companies

Maintain aggressive growth and work to diversify the company product portfolio. Increase communication to the broader population regarding future vision.

Johnson Controls a great organization to learn and expand your leadership knowledge

Former Employee - Critical Site Facility Manager (Data Center/Corporate Off. in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Johnson Controls

Pros

It is a great place to begin because Johnson is willing to provide opportunities to people that may not have the a high level of experience in their particular field. The benefits are very good and the opportunity to expand your education is very good with a generous tuition reimbusement program. Also Johnson provides excellent training in your particular field which is very valuable.

Cons

The downsides of Johnson is the fact that it is a very large organization and sometimes employees can get lost in the system and not receive opportunities. Also, to expand your career with Johnson Controls Facility Management or Controls Division as a manager you must be willing to relocate to various areas of the country or world. If you not willing to jump on the relocation wagon your career could stall.

Improve your mentoring program for managers to help build your most valuable asset. Most if not all employees and mangament with Johnson Controls are extremely loyal and want to expand with the organization, but management sometimes fails to tap into their own work force.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls