Johnson & Johnson
3.6 of 5 1,217 reviews
www.jnj.com New Brunswick, NJ 5000+ Employees

Great Benefits but Long Hours

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe benefits you got working here were unbeatable. They covered medical/dental/vision and allowed you free use of the gym at the facilities which included group exercise classes as well as free weights, cardio equipment, etc. In addition, if your faciility did not have a gym, then they offered you discounts for public gyms in your area. You also got a lot of cross functional exposure and experience. I loved working with people both in and outside of my group as it brought a lot of different perspectives on things that may not have been thought of if only one group/type of person was working on the project. The company also had numerous team building and community service events which helped build team and personal moral. J&J also participated in blood drives and offered very nice incentives to donate. Vendors/Educators were always coming in and teaching you new things. The company valued education and would reimburse you for any training materials/test fees as well as books/tuition. There were also numerous opportunities to move around and advance with the company both domestically as well as internationally.

ConsIn order to keep up with work demands I often worked a full day at work then brought my laptop home and worked through dinner/night. I also logged on during weekends to answer e-mails that came in during the weekends. I didn't like this at all but it's what was required in order to meet demands and get a good rating. The rating system could also be a con as they rate you on a bell curve in comparison to other employees. Therefore, you may have done an outstanding job but could fall into a lower rating category simply based on the numbers.

great place to learn and gain experience

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - benefits - work/life balance - compensation - lot of opportunity to move… Cons: - conservative company so innovation can be slow moving - moving up in the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice Place but a little crazy.

Contracts (Current Employee)
Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good people to work with Interesting Work Cons: The chance to move is limited Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Johnson & Johnson.

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson & Johnson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky. All reviews posted anonymously by Johnson & Johnson employees.