There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Johnson

great place to learn and gain experience

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Raritan, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- benefits
- work/life balance
- compensation
- lot of opportunity to move around in the company

Cons

- conservative company so innovation can be slow moving
- moving up in the company tends to be slow process depending on which area of the company you fall

1375 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson & Johnson (View Most Recent)

Great Benefits but Long Hours

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits you got working here were unbeatable. They covered medical/dental/vision and allowed you free use of the gym at the facilities which included group exercise classes as well as free weights, cardio equipment, etc. In addition, if your faciility did not have a gym, then they offered you discounts for public gyms in your area. You also got a lot of cross functional exposure and experience. I loved working with people both in and outside of my group as it brought a lot of different perspectives on things that may not have been thought of if only one group/type of person was working on the project. The company also had numerous team building and community service events which helped build team and personal moral. J&J also participated in blood drives and offered very nice incentives to donate. Vendors/Educators were always coming in and teaching you new things. The company valued education and would reimburse you for any training materials/test fees as well as books/tuition. There were also numerous opportunities to move around and advance with the company both domestically as well as internationally.

Cons

In order to keep up with work demands I often worked a full day at work then brought my laptop home and worked through dinner/night. I also logged on during weekends to answer e-mails that came in during the weekends. I didn't like this at all but it's what was required in order to meet demands and get a good rating. The rating system could also be a con as they rate you on a bell curve in comparison to other employees. Therefore, you may have done an outstanding job but could fall into a lower rating category simply based on the numbers.

J&J Consumer Worldwide - STAY AWAY

Former Employee - Manager  in  Morris Plains, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager in Morris Plains, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is great with many employees working from home 1-2 days/week; salary, bonus, and health benefits are very good; company store discount is a nice perk; Every other Friday off during the summer

Cons

Everyone is a number and unless you know someone up top, you are most likely not going to be promoted. There are frequent LAYOFFS; almost every year. Constant product recalls and FDA inspections leads to job stress and insecurity. Very process oriented company, so much that decisions are never finalized and projects struggle to move forward.

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!