There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Johnson

J&J is a Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

It is a strong company run on fundamental principles. I have confidence in the way the company is being run and I am happy with the opportunities provided to me. J&J will continue to be an industry leader because of the sound principles which guide the way it is run.

Cons

It is a huge company and it seems that sometimes there is a disconnect, and it would seem that there would be opportunities to partner with other operating companies within J&J a little more often. But companies within J&J really function as spereate operating companies and this is often times seen as a positive.

Advice to Management

Make sure you hire the most qualified person and remember to listen to your sales force. The sales force brings in the revenue for the company and a bad manager can run several good employees from a company and hurt comapny profits.

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Work / Life Balance
    Management Skills
    Professional development and growth emphasis
    Community Involvement
    Compensation structure

Cons

Long work hours
    Highly competitive market

Advice to Management

Continue to keep customers , patients , and employees top of mind

2. Great Co-Op experience

Former Employee - Finance Co-Op in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Finance Co-Op in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Great place to work, very friendly people. I started my co-op with no prior corporate work experience and enjoyed every minute of every day. Leaving the co-op was bitter sweat, it was between continuing to work at a great company or head back to the fun times to be had at college. I enjoyed going to work everyday, my whole team was extremely helpful. One on ones were a great insight into the potential work I will be doing once I graduate next spring. I still stay in contact with my former employees. Don't let an offer to work her pass you by.

Cons

Long hours, can get to be stressful especially for a new hire. Management and your supervisor helps you schedule your work if you become overloaded. Compensation for over time is time and half (double time for holidays if need be).

Sometimes other FLDPs may not know exactly what they want from the Co-Op and in that case the immediate supervisor should step in and help to work out the miscommunication between the FLDP and Co-Op.

Networking opportunities could have been presented to the co-op's earlier. Get to know the people you work with and sit around in the office! They are great resources.

Advice to Management

Get to know the new hires early on and make sure they know the line of communication is always open.