Johnson & Johnson
3.6 of 5 1,283 reviews
www.jnj.com New Brunswick, NJ 5000+ Employees

Bill Weldon, stop playing golf with your buddies and get to work!

Facilities Engineer (Former Employee)
San German, PR

ProsOther than the salary, the benefits package was attractive. J&J health insurance plan was very good and included dental and eye care for a small fee. The retirement plan 401k was excellent - they matched 75 cents out of 1 dollar that you contributed to a maximum of 6%. It is a diverse workforce and you can learn a lot from your peers.

ConsJ&J has no training program for new employees and out of college students. I started working with J&J as a COOP and I remembering walking and walking cause I had nothing to do. Eventually I looked for work myself and after a couple of month I had more work that I could handle. Everyone recognized my name, as the guy to go for any facilities issues. However I won that myself. There was no training, no guidance and certainly no mentoring. In addition, I always had issues with HR. They always had the incorrect answer to my question. That was the only department in the whole company that I considered incompetent (very ironic). When I quit my job due to another job offer that I had, nothing was done to retain me (but still today they call me to ask me questions) and they even forgot to perform my exit interview! My boss and even the plant manager, asked me a couple of times to rethink my decision, but no counteroffer was presented to me in writing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your people, their interest and goals. Hear your employee, don't just look for what is best for you - and to look better - and disregard the employee concerns and goals. Live by the CREDO and not because the big boss say so, but because you want to and you feel it. Communicate. Communication is the key for the success. Train and mentor your people. An Bill, man you are good but you gotta start working! The stock price has not moved for more than a year now. Thats wrong... Warren Buffet will be calling you soon!

Johnson & Johnson - Demanding work schedule but numerous opportunities to see and work in many different places.

Capital and Fixed Assets Co-Op (Former Employee)
    New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros: Diversity is huge there so you get to meet many different people. The company is well-respected and you can take pride in knowing the… Cons: As with many company's Johnson & Johnson is extremely political. First impressions really are everything. If you don't get on the good side… Advice to Senior Management: I think the Senior Management team does a sufficient job. My senior manager specifically did an excellent job.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I wish he could go in the trenches and not on the golf courses all the time

Pigeonholed In PA (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros: Excellent PR campaign during recruitment Cons: POLITIK......Incompetent managers, " Make me look good philosophy", kiss A.. Advice to Senior Management: Benchmark GE or CISCO management style No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Johnson & Johnson.

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson & Johnson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky. All reviews posted anonymously by Johnson & Johnson employees.