Johnson & Johnson

www.jnj.com
  www.jnj.com
There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Bill Weldon, stop playing golf with your buddies and get to work!

Former Employee - Facilities Engineer in San German, PR
Former Employee - Facilities Engineer in San German, PR

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Other than the salary, the benefits package was attractive. J&J health insurance plan was very good and included dental and eye care for a small fee. The retirement plan 401k was excellent - they matched 75 cents out of 1 dollar that you contributed to a maximum of 6%. It is a diverse workforce and you can learn a lot from your peers.

Cons

J&J has no training program for new employees and out of college students. I started working with J&J as a COOP and I remembering walking and walking cause I had nothing to do. Eventually I looked for work myself and after a couple of month I had more work that I could handle. Everyone recognized my name, as the guy to go for any facilities issues. However I won that myself. There was no training, no guidance and certainly no mentoring. In addition, I always had issues with HR. They always had the incorrect answer to my question. That was the only department in the whole company that I considered incompetent (very ironic). When I quit my job due to another job offer that I had, nothing was done to retain me (but still today they call me to ask me questions) and they even forgot to perform my exit interview! My boss and even the plant manager, asked me a couple of times to rethink my decision, but no counteroffer was presented to me in writing.

Get to know your people, their interest and goals. Hear your employee, don't just look for what is best for you - and to look better - and disregard the employee concerns and goals. Live by the CREDO and not because the big boss say so, but because you want to and you feel it. Communicate. Communication is the key for the success. Train and mentor your people. An Bill, man you are good but you gotta start working! The stock price has not moved for more than a year now. Thats wrong... Warren Buffet will be calling you soon!

1481 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson & Johnson (View Most Recent)

Johnson & Johnson - Demanding work schedule but numerous opportunities to see and work in many different places.

Former Employee - Capital and Fixed Assets Co-Op in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Capital and Fixed Assets Co-Op in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Diversity is huge there so you get to meet many different people. The company is well-respected and you can take pride in knowing the products you make are helping to save the lives of others. The company also particpates in a 360-degree feedback process, so you get more than one person rating you and providing you with ways to improve your work. The company also has numerous facilities both within the U.S. and abroad so there is a lot of flexibilty and freedom to explore many different places. The company will also pay for relocation fees as well. Overall, it's a good place to work.

Cons

As with many company's Johnson & Johnson is extremely political. First impressions really are everything. If you don't get on the good side immediately of all persons met, you are going to have a hard time advancing. The problem is that everyone within the company knows a lot of different people and they all talk; therefore, if you've made a bad impression on one person, other people are going to judge you immediately based on that one person's feedback before they even know you. Johnson & Johnson is very demanding. As soon as one quarter close is over, you're already supposed to have been working on reports for the following quarter. It never feels like you can get ahead.

I think the Senior Management team does a sufficient job. My senior manager specifically did an excellent job. I think they sometimes go above and beyond of what is expected. Keep up the great work!

I wish he could go in the trenches and not on the golf courses all the time

Current Employee - Pigeonholed In PA in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pigeonholed In PA in New York, NY

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Excellent PR campaign during recruitment

Cons

POLITIK......Incompetent managers, " Make me look good philosophy", kiss A..

Benchmark GE or CISCO management style