There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Bill Weldon, stop playing golf with your buddies and get to work!

Former Employee - Facilities Engineer in San German, PR
Former Employee - Facilities Engineer in San German, PR

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Other than the salary, the benefits package was attractive. J&J health insurance plan was very good and included dental and eye care for a small fee. The retirement plan 401k was excellent - they matched 75 cents out of 1 dollar that you contributed to a maximum of 6%. It is a diverse workforce and you can learn a lot from your peers.

Cons

J&J has no training program for new employees and out of college students. I started working with J&J as a COOP and I remembering walking and walking cause I had nothing to do. Eventually I looked for work myself and after a couple of month I had more work that I could handle. Everyone recognized my name, as the guy to go for any facilities issues. However I won that myself. There was no training, no guidance and certainly no mentoring. In addition, I always had issues with HR. They always had the incorrect answer to my question. That was the only department in the whole company that I considered incompetent (very ironic). When I quit my job due to another job offer that I had, nothing was done to retain me (but still today they call me to ask me questions) and they even forgot to perform my exit interview! My boss and even the plant manager, asked me a couple of times to rethink my decision, but no counteroffer was presented to me in writing.

Get to know your people, their interest and goals. Hear your employee, don't just look for what is best for you - and to look better - and disregard the employee concerns and goals. Live by the CREDO and not because the big boss say so, but because you want to and you feel it. Communicate. Communication is the key for the success. Train and mentor your people. An Bill, man you are good but you gotta start working! The stock price has not moved for more than a year now. Thats wrong... Warren Buffet will be calling you soon!

1405 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson & Johnson (View Most Recent)

Overworked and Frustrated

Current Employee - IT Lead in Raritan, NJ
    Current Employee - IT Lead in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

From the outide, the company has a good reputation for allowing employees a work and life balance. Johnson & Johnson is a pretty good corporate citizen, and makes charitable contributions to charities sponsoring those less fortunate, and the company often donates supplies during a crisis situation as they occur around the world (natural disasters, Hurricane Katrina and floods, for example).

Cons

As an employee who works here, you can be sure to expect re-orgs and layoffs to occur on an annual basis. They happen quite regularly. The workload is very heavy here, with little time and resources to get things done on time. Consultants from offshore (mostly India) appear to be replacing development opportunities for in-house employees, but their quality of work leaves much to be desired).

The Credo is nothing more than a crutch for executive management. The company does not truly embrace its meaning.

Takes care of its employees but slow movement and growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Good name, good benefits. Pays for continuing education. Lots of resources and money to invest in its employees.

Cons

Office politics, old fashioned company feel, movement is slow, work pace is slow.

none