There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Johnson

Mixed review - I found my management lacking in proper ethics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raynham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raynham, MA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good science is possible with the right leadership

Cons

bad culture - gossip prevails and not only hurts people's feelings but undermines their job.

Advice to Management

go back and re-introduce J&J's CREDO, this time with sincerity. Bring back the culture of 2006-2008. Eliminate the legal difficulties with U.S. Federal Agencies; eliminate the fiasco inherent in the hip replacement business. Let something other than seeking double-digit growth at all cost dominate your minds.

Other Employee Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

1. Small company feel, big company problems

Former Intern - Finance Co-Op in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Intern - Finance Co-Op in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in a small consumer products business unit within JNJ for 7-8 months as a Finance Co-op. The co-op position was very structured with weekly, monthly, and quarterly responsibilities. There is alot of opportunity to get involved in many things outside of your day to day responsibilities. I got the opportunity to present to the National sales director a few times a month and take over all of my supervisors responsibilities. There is a lot of training for co-ops such as email etiquette, resume workshops, career advice, mentoring, networking, SAP, excel training ect You get meaningful work Leadership opportunity if you want it enough There is a Co-op organization (that I led) that puts on community service, professional development, and social events. Great Resume builder

Cons

Half way through my co-op the company restructured and a lot of people were layed off in our business unit. My supervisor was directly impacted and was moved to a different business unit within JNJ. I had to pick up a lot of extra work and then transition parts of it to other Analysts. This business unit in particular was about a mile or two down the road from the main campus and if you didn't make a strong effort to reach out to others you could be forgotten. Despite lots of hard work and even receiving a leadership award I wasn't recommended to interview for a full-time role due to the limited number of opportunities that year (i.e the restructure) You are ranked on a bell curve against all of the co-ops. It a very political atmosphere. There is not a lot loyalty to their employees. A lot of analysts that I continue to talk with have moved on to other companies. The company creedo isn't truly as focused on as they say.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and loyalty and place them into roles that challenge their skills and abilities.

2. It was an excellent learning experience.

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly skilled people who were willing to work hard. I was hired into a division that was a fairly new acquisition and they were allowed to maintain aspects of their own culture.

Cons

Management was hit or miss. Some were extremely skilled and ethical and some frankly were not. HR was completely useless.