The CREDO Company

Current Employee - Principal Research Scientist in Radnor, PA
Current Employee - Principal Research Scientist in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

The CREDO is the best reason to work for Johnson & Johnson. Yes, I drank the Kool-Aid but I like the fact that I work for a company that puts the patients first, the employees second, the community third and the shareholders last. It is actually carved in stone at Headquarters!

Cons

J&J can be "too nice" so that mediocrity is not dealt with. A little bit more directness would go a long way.
The reorgs are getting a little out of hand.

Advice to Management

Stop reorganizing so much and let the model work for more than 2 years.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Pay No Future

Current Employee - IT Professional in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Pay is excellent compared to other companies in the the area. Very good balance between work and family. Professional manage there own time for the most part. Great exposure to new technology due to the deep pockets of the corporation.

Cons

Very very political in the career advancement area. Nearly incompetent middle to senior management. CREDO is almost a joke. Moving to a centralized structure has stifled true innovation. The corporation is outsourcing too much to India. Management is driving blind and in the wrong lane and they don't even know it. Few promotions from the lower ranks to management. Senior management cares only about itself and its next promotion. In the last year, many upper management promotions and bonuses and several layoffs of 10+ year regular employees.

Advice to Management

If you were starting out with your current leadership team, you would be out of business quickly. You are not tapping the potential from within that used to be a hallmark of the company. We all expect that some level of outsourcing and layoffs are inevitable in business. However, how long do you think that your U.S. customers will continue to support a company that is killing U.S. jobs. The next "Tea Party" won't be against the politicians, it will be against the corporations like this one and far more effective.

2. More cons than pros

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Horsham, PA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Its a well known company it has been a great selling point on my resume as I am looking for jobs outside of the corporation. The benefits and compensation were high compared to competitors, but with all the layoffs and cutbacks, it may not be true for very much longer.

Cons

It is very political. You get promoted based on who you know and not what you know. Many times really competent people get passed over for promotion and somebody less qualified gets the job. Then when that person doesn't perform well as a manager, their direct reports get blamed. The decentralized nature of the company which is supposedly to keep it nimble doesn't work. The many units are still slow, risk adverse, and not innovative.

Advice to Management

Hold managers accountable for high employee turnover or patterns of low performance ratings in their departments. Be more proactive to changing things before they fall apart.