Current Employee - Principal Scientist
Current Employee - Principal Scientist

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

treated with respect, lots of opportunities, possibility to move from company to company, heath facility at work is a great benefit,

Cons

bonuses are tied to the overall performance of all companies, so if your company does well and others don't you'll get penalized, on the other hand it evens out for the bad years

Advice to Management

none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great work-life balance, but the company needs more young talent and innovation.

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Good work-life balance. Nice people.

Cons

Lack of innovation and energy.

Advice to Management

I believe in the decentralized approach, but MD&D would have a lot to gain if they can coordinate some of the initiatives, or at least improve information sharing across the op-cos.

2. IT at J&J

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

A sense of accomplishment due to the knowledge that your work goes into helping actual people with real medical issues in the world. Some of the best and most dedicated IT people in the world work at J&J getting paid to little and dealing with the constant threat of losing their jobs

Cons

Every single year there are layoffs around Christmas for the people in IT. This has been going on as long as Laverne Council has been CIO. Working out of the Raritan facility is about the most toxic work environment one can imagine. Since everyone it terrified of losing their jobs, everyone trys to isolate themselves. You hear a lot of people say "that isn't my job." Out in the field it is a totally different story. Everyone is very willing to help because they understand the customer better. Of course IT seems to be consolidating back into NJ, so it looks like Sr. Management doesn't agree with my take.

Advice to Management

Re-read the Credo. Especially the part about taking care of your employees. We do a fantastic job of that in every other area outside of IT, why we think IT people are not subject to the Credo is beyond me. Also, realize that every time you have cut people that there have been hidden costs that you don't see. The last few years it has taken considerably longer to get anything done and has also destroyed moral in the IT shared services area.