There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Wales University

Always there for their employees and students

Former Employee - Information Technology Department in North Miami, FL
Former Employee - Information Technology Department in North Miami, FL

I worked at Johnson & Wales University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They treat you like family

Cons

always room for improvement in communication

53 Other Employee Reviews for Johnson & Wales University (View Most Recent)

Big Brother Is Watching Your Every Move

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Johnson & Wales University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Early release Friday's in the summer, Xmas vacation without having to use up your own time, Free parking.

Cons

Compared to pay at other colleges, especially the state schools, you will feel like a grad student. They pay on average is about 20K less than a state school. The inbreeding at the higher levels of administration is incestuous and they make a lot of money. If you are not part of the "in crowd" without certain political connections or family name recognition, you will not (ever) move up the ladder. They have oppressive computer policies and actively monitor all your emails and correspondence. No kidding, they are listening through the walls. Conform with their hyper vigilant gestapo like policies or you are out of here (I have seen it happen), no matter how valuable you may be to the "company", and I mean company (not university). This place is run more like a dictatorship than in institution of higher education. The 1%'ers run the show and thats it like it or not. Its there way or the highway. They will find a way to get rid of you. If you are a student and your parents have enough money, you should be ok as long as your behavior doesn't make the morning papers. The media machine at JWU does a great job at keeping things quiet.

Quit the dog and pony show. We employees know your fakes and we are not in your best interests but you will leave us alone as long as your meeting the bottom line. Stop getting rid of quality talent to suit your own interests.

JWU is a good place to work in

I have been working at Johnson & Wales University

Pros

Good Benefits, Pays for Grad School

Cons

Pays lower wages for the position

There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Wales University