There are newer employer reviews for Jones International University

A totally different approach to day to day operations than was initially presented.

Former Employee - Financial Aid Advisor in Centennial, CO

I worked at Jones International University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mission and core values. Good support from supervisors.

Cons

Lots of pressure. The admissions and financial aid departments ran much like that of a call center. Managers, not supervisors, micro managed a lot.

Other Employee Reviews for Jones International University

1. It was terrible. Bad environment, poor planning and poor standards for development.

Former Employee - Financial Aid Advisor in Centennial, CO

I worked at Jones International University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Benefits. Good people stuck in a bad job.

Cons

Company is doing poorly. Word was that it was the only time in a quarter we ever were profitable was in 2012. Because of this performance every department was under high pressure. Unrealistic numbers and a middle management that just doesn't care about what you need. HR doesnt help the workers. The admissions side is under a lot of stress and force a lot of students through. The communication between admissions and other departments is hostile to say the least. They took away all raises and all room for advancement. A fight broke out between departments and the company hardly did a thing to further prevent such occasions. Even while a student is cussing at you, you must stay on the line. Sometimes I would have to force myself to show up at work. At one point my ability to leave my desk and use the bathroom was questioned. The Financial Aid department was under staffed and no one cared. Turn over rate there is notoriously high. In my first two months at the job I had three bosses. Then for awhile I just didn't have one.

Advice to Management

The environment was bad, and ruined attitudes. The upper management have little to no idea how any of their workers feel. Change the attitude on the floor and people will want to work there.

2. Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Pros

They have excellent work life balance.

Cons

Not much room for advancement.