There are newer employer reviews for Jones Lang LaSalle

Good pay, subpar benefits

Current Employee - Vice President in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Vice President in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

- good pay
- ethical company
- smart co-workers

Cons

- subpar benefits
- continual reductions in benefits
- reduction in PTO policy

Stop taking away benefits. Offer more medical plans. Bad idea to take PTO from directors. Caps on salaries are stifling employees' drive to be ambitious in the firm. Why put artificial caps on salary growth, especially if the salary is client reimbursed. This is stunting growth from within and is driving employees to look externally for opportunities.

reviews filtered by

One of the top 100 companies to work for

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

You are able to telecommute once a week. They are implementing a program where you can telecommute a few days a week in order to cut costs.

Cons

It can be difficult to advance within the company. A professional growth plan is not discussed or offered as part of your performance evaluation.

To incorporate a professional growth plan with employee performance evaluations.

2. Great place to start, Great place to build a career

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

Jones Lang LaSalle is a great place to work coming out of undergrad or grad school- they have a talent for picking people that end up getting along really well (across the board from the admins to the executives). I respected my peers (when I came in entry-level)- they were smart, talented and we helped each other to get ahead. As far as getting work and projects done, there isn't a lot of cattiness and pettiness. You will be recognized for your contribution to things and senior management will draw you into the fold so that you have exposure to how things are done at each level. It is a good learning environment and a great place to get your feet wet. If you want to change your role, they are really good about making it happen for you. They also rehire. Perks and benefits are good- you should have a solid financial life while you are here and even for a little while after (I did).

Cons

Changing your role within your group is easy. Moving to a different division- not so much although they say you can. Also, even though you can change roles and are recognized for your work, the praise is verbal, not monetary. I should have started at a higher salary and I should have had higher raises. Car service late at night is definitely appreciated but I would also have appreciated for weeks of late nights.

Compensate for work put in. Otherwise, I think senior management is good.

There are newer employer reviews for Jones Lang LaSalle