Jones Lang LaSalle

www.joneslanglasalle.com
  www.joneslanglasalle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jones Lang LaSalle

Solid company, needs local stability.

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

Jones Lang LaSalle is a stable company. They do offer room for growth, I've been able to move up regularly over the last few years. I have built many strong relationships with coworkers over the years.

Cons

Stress level, constant new "initiatives", loyal, high performing senior manager recently was unceremoniously demoted and subsequently left the firm. This is not good for morale at all. "New" leader was introduced via e-mail. Several months into the job, many still have not met the new leader.

For DC region, Senior Manager needs to communicate with employees to really know what is going on. Decision to make a change at the top in our area was a surprise to any employee that wasn't having problems. Feel that person took the blame for other's poor decisions.

555 Other Employee Reviews for Jones Lang LaSalle (View Most Recent)

Wonderful building block for a career

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

This was a great place to learn and start building a career. The people both in the local office and elsewhere in the country were great to work with. There were plenty of opportunities to learn, decent training programs, and reasonable learning curve expectation.

Cons

Very long hours at times. Busy season (year-end reporting) can be pretty taxing. 12 hour days were not uncommon for smaller deadlines, like quarterly reporting, but sometimes it got up to 15+ hours during budget time.

I wasn't around for much of the Staubach integration, so I'm not sure my feedback is pertinent.

Rewarding and challenging, but windows for improvement

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

Terrific people - unlike previous companies I've worked for, there is not a single person I actively dislike. The majority of our team are truly doing the best they can and believe in their work. The benefits are very good and I would never complain about my salary, which is above market. I find the work challenging and interesting, and have been given opportunities to explore the areas of my strengths, even those that might be outside the scope of my specific job title.

Cons

The corporate office is very disconnected from what work-life is like at the client sites. Communications around benefits and other personnel issues can be short-sighted, last-minute, or raise more questions than provide answers. Employee surveys only ask questions about your immediate manager - no way to address concerns about anyone higher up in the chain. I'm not clear on what qualities are considered most important for upper management, because many of them seem to have problems with basic personal accountability or are very poor communicators.

Remember there are employees outside of Chicago, and try to learn how they work and what their unique needs are. Build a culture of accountability and make sure leaders walk the talk.

There are newer employer reviews for Jones Lang LaSalle