There are newer employer reviews for Jones Lang LaSalle

Just Another Juggernaut

Current Employee - Operating Engineer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Operating Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

It's a large firm with multiple lines of business across the entire real estate field. It's not just a property management firm, or a brokerage, or a real estate consulting firm. It's everything wrapped up into one.

Cons

(see above) The firm is too damn big and corporate. My e-mail box is loaded with JLL spam and none of it is relevant to my position as a union operating engineer.

Recognize that the culture of the "ground pounders" in building ops (Engineers, Porters, Guards) is different from the ultra-corporate culture of the rest of the firm and that failure to recognize this fact is a huge barrier to getting people on the bottom of the food chain to really buy into the firm and take ownership.

reviews filtered by
  1. Associate Broker's view

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

Name recognition is key in this business. You are walking into a pitch with one of the largest, most notable companies in the industry behind you.

Cons

It is very much a "good old boys" club atmosphere. Can be difficult to succeed unless you have a strong support structure from within the company.

It would be helpful if JLL management provided a more formalized mentor program in order to groom the younger associates.

2. Respectable global company

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

Jones Lang LaSalle had a great benefit package. I didn't realize it at the time but now that I'm gone I wished I still had their plan.

Cons

If you worked onsite for a client you advancement opportunity are significantly limited. Also, a lot ot times new hires will make more money than the senior analyst in the group,

Try and focus more on promoting within. I left the company because there seemed few opportunites to those of us onsite with a client

There are newer employer reviews for Jones Lang LaSalle