There are newer employer reviews for Joonbug.com

One of the worst places I have ever worked in

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Joonbug.com

Pros

If you don't have any bills to pay and can afford to pay to work basically- it may be good to get your foot in the door for events, public relations, networking in the nightlife industry. BEST for internships... not for full-time. You can find much better elsewhere!

Cons

no organization, no human resources, no one seems to know what is going on... ever. The office is not united- some people barely know if others work there or not- very strange and so are the owners. They place ads for event managers every week and have multiple interviews every week.
These poor people thought they would be hired for full time positions. They have the people go out to nightclubs and bring their friends or other people out, and many times will not reimburse them or pay them as promised. Also, about 80% of the people that you may see working there- are all INTERNS (working for free) It's a major scam!!! Biggest show of smoke and mirrors I've ever experienced.

Get an office manager. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Stop LYING!

10 Other Employee Reviews for Joonbug.com (View Most Recent)

Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Joonbug.com

Pros

Young and honest company. The company operates under a "work hard play hard" attitude. Full time employees treat interns with a lot of respect and interns are given plenty of responsibility.

Cons

Sometimes the tasks being asked of are kind of tedious and can be done in a more efficient way. At times many of those fully employed seem to be slacking off too much.

Day to day goals and deadlines should be further implemented to streamline growth of the company. More open communication about clients' wants and needs

Most ill-managed company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Marketer
    Current Employee - Marketer

I have been working at Joonbug.com full-time

Pros

-Flexible/late-morning work schedule.
    -Not very difficult work, just requires very long hours.
    -New office facilities

Cons

-Often demands uncompensated overtime, so many employees end up receiving less than minimum wage per hour.
    -Disorangized and often bickering family management
    -High turnover
    -Many female employees complain of sexual harassment.
    -Low workplace morale, low sense of work mobility, often not the most achieved coworkers. Most ambitious coworkers I know have quit after 2 months there.
    -Bosses send out abusive, often misspelled and ungrammatical, email missives.

VERY important: please hold meetings before telling employees to do things!

I had good relations with the CFO and CTO, but the rest of the management rank was brusque, rude, bullying, expecting employees to stay til after midnight for $30k/year salary. The upper management is staffed with New Jersey nightlife impressarios. The 5 main managers often give contradictory orders without first meeting and agreeing on the best strategy. You'll often have to redo the same job many times, depending on each boss' whims.

Some managers pressure employees to work on their side businesses too -- like a New Jersey real estate website -- without extra pay. Is this legal?

Many female employees complain of sexual harassment. There is high turnover, low morale, and many seem not to have fared well in college or school. I do not recommend this job for intellectually prideful people.

If you need emergency cash, this might be an option. The economy is bad. Otherwise, I have found more intellectually stimulating environs waitressing at a diner.

There are newer employer reviews for Joonbug.com

Worked for Joonbug.com? Contribute to the Community!