Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions

www.jouleclinicalscientific.com

Brief Review from Contractor in a Scientific Field

Rseearch Associate II (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsA paycheck every week. A foot in the door of a prospective permanent employer. They are very responsive when issues crop up regarding any aspect of the contract work you are doing.

ConsJoule is not a bad place to work for but at the end of the day it is temporary/contract work. Benefits are poor compared to what you would get in a permanent position somewhere. Genuine opportunities for professional advancement come more from the lateral moves between contracts than anything else. Although I list this as a con, I should note that this problem is not specific to joule but a structural component of temporary employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no specific advice. They hire out contractors and do fairly well at treating them equitably. I have some issues with regular employers who have basically come to use temp workers as a second class captive labor force (aka "permatemps"), but why shoot the middle man here? Unfortunately, this is the nature of the economy at the moment. Perhaps things will change when labor is not so much of a buyers market.

Working Contract Positions in R&D apparently means free overtime

Research Associate (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

I worked at Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros: I thought the project was great, tremendous and laudable but the shafty situation of expecting overtime work ,… Cons: Getting taking advantage of because you have no real HR person… Advice to Senior Management: Don't engage in wage theft. If your model is that weak, and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place for gaining experience in the staffing industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros: Dynamic people, fun environment, exciting culture. It can pay well… Cons: Can be a little overwhelming if things are slow. Some… Advice to Senior Management: Work on breaking into larger accounts. Create streamlined path for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions.

Worked for Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions? Contribute to the Community!