Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions

www.jouleclinicalscientific.com
  www.jouleclinicalscientific.com
There are newer employer reviews for Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions

Brief Review from Contractor in a Scientific Field

Current Employee - Rseearch Associate II in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Rseearch Associate II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions

Pros

A paycheck every week. A foot in the door of a prospective permanent employer. They are very responsive when issues crop up regarding any aspect of the contract work you are doing.

Cons

Joule is not a bad place to work for but at the end of the day it is temporary/contract work. Benefits are poor compared to what you would get in a permanent position somewhere. Genuine opportunities for professional advancement come more from the lateral moves between contracts than anything else. Although I list this as a con, I should note that this problem is not specific to joule but a structural component of temporary employment.

I have no specific advice. They hire out contractors and do fairly well at treating them equitably. I have some issues with regular employers who have basically come to use temp workers as a second class captive labor force (aka "permatemps"), but why shoot the middle man here? Unfortunately, this is the nature of the economy at the moment. Perhaps things will change when labor is not so much of a buyers market.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions (View Most Recent)

Working Contract Positions in R&D apparently means free overtime

Former Employee - Research Associate in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I thought the project was great, tremendous and laudable but the shafty situation of expecting overtime work , unpaid, was ridiculous on some gauzy promise of possible full-time job in he future is even more galling.

Cons

Getting taking advantage of because you have no real HR person to help with tyhings like being pressured into working unpaid overtime.

Don't engage in wage theft. If your model is that weak, and margins that thin then go do some other kind of business please.

Great place for gaining experience in the staffing industry

I worked at Joule Clinical and Scientific Staffing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dynamic people, fun environment, exciting culture. It can pay well if you hit your numbers

Cons

Can be a little overwhelming if things are slow. Some accounts are very hard to break into

Work on breaking into larger accounts. Create streamlined path for advancement