Journal Multimedia

Add Review

Very poor management

Current Employee - Account Executive in Harrisburg, PA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Journal Multimedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, company perks, great medical/dental/vision benefits. Fun work enviornment

Cons

The owner of the company is not open to change or new ideas, as soon as they know your opinions differ from theirs they're out to get you. There is no employee retention weekly emails go out that someone "has moved on..." You are just a number and there is no loyalty o matter how hard you work. While the health benefits are good, the pay is not.

Advice to Management

Be open to change and the company will be much more profitable

reviews filtered by
  1. Great people, rewarding work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Journal Multimedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Each business unit has its own unique culture which fits into the larger organization pretty well. Some business units do perform better than others, though, and tend to be better places to work within the organization. Also, because of the variety of different businesses under one roof, we are able to take part in activities outside of our own business units (e.g. everyone who wants to is able to help with company-run events). There are also multiple company-sponsored parties throughout the year, which helps to increase the interactions between business units.

Cons

It helps to be very self-motivated, as the work can feel tedious at times. Many jobs are broken down into smaller steps, and this lends itself very well to people who like systematic work, like myself. Busy times of the year fluctuate, so some days can feel slow.

Advice to Management

We already have opportunities to share our feedback with management personally, so I don't feel the need to do so here.

2. Good stepping stone not much else

I have been working at Journal Multimedia full-time

Pros

This company hires well - my peers are some of the best I've ever worked with. It's also a nice, 9-5 job (no nights or weekends). Good work-life balance.

Cons

Upper management has no idea how to treat employees. Happy employees = more productivity. However, they have the very archaic view of treating employees like workhorses in order to get results. There is no transparancy at all from top down, and many of the procedures are backwards and inefficient. We also have Citrix (the ability to access work files from home) and this company still requires us to come in to work on State of Emergency snow days with the penalty of a PTO day deduction if we don't come in. Many other similar practices. Also no room for growth, only sideways moves (if even that). Salary is also extremely low on the pay scale.

Advice to Management

Happy employees = better productivity.