Journal Register

www.journalregister.com

Every employee I know here is miserable

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saratoga Springs, NY

ProsThe junior employees help each other out as much as possible because we all understand the near impossibility it is to complete our work with the technology we have by the deadlines set.

ConsWe have regular tech problems to the point that we have to take the possibility of of a system meltdown as a known variable to the day's workflow. There is next to no communication from management to the junior workers. Orders from management tend to conflict with their previous orders, creating no-win situations. The emphasis on finally undertaking the multimedia end of journalism has been without adding new employees, so that the already underpaid staff is now undertaking even more responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication within the newsroom so that the different sections are doing the same things. Make an effort to explain changes so that the employees better understand why the changes are necessary, thus improving morale.

Company Will Not Invest in People or Infrastructure

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Haven, CT

I have been working at Journal Register

Pros: - One of very few opportunities still left in print journalism - Seems to be interested… Cons: - Poor pay and benefits - Years of mismanagement has destroyed all employee morale - Disgraceful internal communication - Literally years behind in terms of IT… Advice to Senior Management: Understand that after emerging from bankruptcy purse strings are tight, but continuing to practice the cheapskate journalism perfected by Robert… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Just Right Company (not)

Account Executive (Former Employee) Pontiac, MI

I worked at Journal Register

Pros: It was close to my house and my co-workers were wonderful… Cons: A bunch of clucking hens running the place. It was so cliquish and completely disorganized. The woman who hired me was fired by… Advice to Senior Management: Get professionals to start running the place professionally and stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Journal Register.

Worked for Journal Register? Contribute to the Community!