Journal Register

www.journalregister.com

Over a period of several years there were many highs and lows with the last five mostly lows.

Manager (Former Employee) Pontiac, MI

ProsThe employees are great at this company. Hard working local managers and staff that really care about the local products and the communities that they serve. The communities need these publications and the employees understand the mission of serving the communities and advertisers with the best content and advertising services.

ConsThe last five years have been rough as the there have been no raises, increased heath care employee contributions and several layoffs. Also the corporate management has no real direction and organization. I believe this is a sign of weak leadership at the top of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a strategy to monetize your valuable content and then improve then relaunch your brands with the idea of providing marketing services to businesses. This needs to be done in an organized fashion.

Every employee I know here is miserable

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Journal Register

Pros: The junior employees help each other out as much as possible because we all understand the… Cons: We have regular tech problems to the point that we have to take the possibility of of a system meltdown as a known variable to… Advice to Senior Management: Improve communication within the newsroom so that the different sections are doing the same things. Make an… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Company Will Not Invest in People or Infrastructure

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Haven, CT

I have been working at Journal Register

Pros: - One of very few opportunities still left in print journalism - Seems to be interested… Cons: - Poor pay and benefits - Years of mismanagement has destroyed all employee morale - Disgraceful internal communication - Literally years behind in terms of IT… Advice to Senior Management: Understand that after emerging from bankruptcy purse strings are tight, but continuing to practice the cheapskate journalism perfected by Robert… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Journal Register.

Worked for Journal Register? Contribute to the Community!