Joy Mining

www.joy.com
  www.joy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Joy Mining

It has been very interesting, but management doen't take suggestions from workers.

Current Employee - Machinist in Solon, OH
Current Employee - Machinist in Solon, OH

I have been working at Joy Mining

Pros

You have plenty of work. The shop is very clean the people I work with are real good. Many of us have beome friends outside the shop.

Cons

The workers who have been doing the sme jods for 25 to 30 plus years the upper management talk to us like we don't know anything. The vshop supervisers are off the floor and they know what is happening but the higher upps act like they don't know whats going on. It would be nice to be able to comverse with some of the visitors from corprate as they come to tour the facility.

Take suggestions we aren't stupid. We may not be collage educated but we know the job and how to get the parts out the door GOOD. We re proud of the parts we make. And they need to do a better job at keeping the work flowing through the shop.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Joy Mining (View Most Recent)

Nightmarish experience

Former Employee - Graduate Engineer Trainee- Mining in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

I worked at Joy Mining full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Attractive pay, perks, good hospitality

Cons

I am graduate mining engineer and was offered a GET position by Joy Mining Services, India during an on campus recruitment drive in my University campus. It was a horrendous experience at Jhanjra colliery, where the work, in terms of working conditions (inadequate ventilation, maddening coal dust, typically high humidity etc) and labour laws (hours put in: 12-14 at least, everyday) were against stipulated standard practiced in the industry. To add to it, the company followed no heirarchy of organization. For ex, an artisan, is designated my boss and he orders me to carry cables weighing over 500 kgs all by myself while he enjoys the show laughing with hands in his pocket. New joiness were treated the way negroes were once treated by whites in America.
    On reporting such malpractices to the higher management, they sent an official who spoke the concerned manager. Unfortunately, the end result was that I got life threats by bunch of nuisances. JMS is a failed organization with corruption and malpractices eating up the brand value that attracted me to this firm. I do not recommend this company to any prospective concerned. As a matter of fact, 4 of my colleagues who joined with me but were posted in different mines also quit in a matter of months after considering the poor working conditions.

Top to bottom overhauling is necessary incase you want to revive this organization. Have you ever taken a survey if your employees are happy working for you? You shut their mouths with the money you pay. Only those work for you who are in dire need of money. You are exploiting skilled people who could do better justice to their talent that rot here in your filthy organization.

no title

Current Employee - Engineer in Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Joy Mining full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

near to my house so less travel

Cons

just ship it to the customer and its their headache mentality...

wake up and see who is actually doing the work...its not managers but its lower level employees who makes the company do better...

There are newer employer reviews for Joy Mining